VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following words can not fully express how fast this "car" was…

The stats say 0-60 in 3.7, 1st gear can take you to 70mph, 2nd well into 3 figures, and although it doesn't take Einstein to work out "that means fast", it simply doesn't prepare you for the sheer brute force in which you accelerate!

The sensation you get as it pins you back into the seat, coupled with the sound of a 6.0L V12 screaming away behind you as you hurtle towards the car in front that was merely a spec only seconds ago is truly remarkable! And then, when you're bracing yourself for impact as a high speed collision seems inevitable, it scrubs the speed in a way that beggars belief. If I'd braked at the same speed/time in my car (Pug 206) I would have rear ended someone at 50mph faster than they were traveling.

This experience has redefined my idea of what a car is capable of, dare I say… "what a car is" (yes, I think so). It really felt more like being in some sort of fighter jet. I'm not kidding guys & gals, this thing was off the charts!

I'll be picking up my .:R in under a month. I know it's going to be awesome but I wonder if the acceleration will be a little underwhelming now? Guess I'll soon find out…

Anyways, thought I'd share, words really can't describe how utterly awe inspiringly fast it was! Mind opening stuff…

Cheers
Dave

Ps. Here's a pic of the beast :)

·
305 Posts
they are a dream car mate, few people get to be a passenger in one, as to owning one thats something else, but what a worry parking a lamborghini anywhere must be, even with your r32 you will have to have your eyes in the back of your head, i went in a shell garage a few weeks ago and someone keyed the back bumper while i was paying at the kiosk. never notice for a few days, but i only use my car twice a week. and that was the only place i left it as it is always garaged. love to experience what a real supercar can do. thanks for sharing dave sounds awesome.

·
1,084 Posts
WooHoo, sounds awesome. I guess you didn't get to drive though....

I guess it was something like this...

Your tale reminds me of when I first went on the back of a motorbike. I can't imagine the feeling in a car, must be like a computer game! I bet you're still getting an adrenaline buzz thinking about it.

Sorry to hear about your rear bumper silver. Maar faar's!

·
748 Posts
One of my mates dads has one bright orange its the nuts, hes dad has quite a few other fast motors he owns about 5 companys!

·
887 Posts
Don't worry about the .:R feeling slow, it won't! I've had the same experience as you, driven around some back roads in a bright yellow beast - it was unbelievable! Even after driving a properly fast car like my folk's Bentley Conti GT doesn't make the.:R feel slow - actually makes you appreciate how fast it is!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts