VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After my first high speed run to work yesterday I noticed the mk4 has a bit of a loose/washy rear end when going through the bends, sometimes even cutting the ESP in.
I've driven the same section of roads at high speed in my anni turbo and not had issues.
Ive had a look on the ramp at work and theres no excess play in any bushes, Is there anything common that others have found? Solutions to combat it?
FAILING THAT IM JUST TURNING ESP OFF

Happy bank holiday feckeRs

VAG4life

·
19,403 Posts
Shouldn't feel like that.

I take it you've checked rear tyre pressures and that the rear tyres are OK and not ditchfinders.

I've heard of this happening if you've got really good tyres up front and ditchfinders on the back.

·
1,060 Posts
Have you checked the rear springs?. They're prone to snapping the 'tails' off.

·
83 Posts
Have you had it set up, rear bushes may not seem worn but as trailing arm bushes wear can lead to excess toe in and make car wonder in the corners, only needs to be slightly out, may not show as wear on rear tyres for some time but has adverse effect on handling.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Get your 4 wheel alignment done mate. I had this after fitting my lowering springs, but now I had the 4 wheel beisbath alignment done it feels as it did when I got it! Was due to toeing in on the rear as said above.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys front tyres are wearing on inner edges a bit so could do with wheel alignment. Il check trailing arms sounds a similar issue as with e46s, like my 330d did, polybushed it an all was dandy.
Ps Bridgestones fitted all round I'm not a fan of fitting widowmakers.....

VAG4life

·
19,403 Posts
Standard set up does wear inner edges on front tyres even if alignment is spot on. Combination of camber and weight but it's well worth getting done anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts