VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(i have started a new thread, so people dont have to go scroll down to see the start.)

It all started being 15 minutes late to get there!! who would have thought that!!!.lol

Hand over was great, and once shown the ipod controls and cruise etc etc, he realized they hadnt filled her up with a tank of fuel which was in the deal. Both got in and drove round to the garage to get a full tank of super and then he said those magic words, "Ok Mark, nice to meet you and dealing with you, hope you enjoy!!" and off i went.

1st inital impressions, was god this is quick, so much more agressive to the GTI. I had to go back to my house as the wife wanted to have a quick spin, so with wife and kid and child seat all aboard, off we went. She liked it as well, apart from nearly smacking me as i was sat in the passenger seat shouting "MIND THE PUDDLES!!!!, MIND THE POTHOLES!!!!!!", eventually i got back in the hot seat to go back home and drop them off and now it was my turn!!..:)

Nice afternoon drive, mostly in traffic, but had a couple of country side dashes.

My thoughts, are i only wish i had of done this move sooner, the R32 is awsome and i have no regrets.. I had a permanent grin and still have!!.
The power delivery can be very agressive when you want it to be, feels very similar to my bm E46 M3 i had. I cant really comment yet on handling etc, as i havent been in the right sort of roads yet.

Brakes are superb, so sharp, much much better than the GTI.

And it looks so much more than the GTI.

Conclusion, yes 1st impressions are fantastic, very pleased changing to the R and i am sure i will have loads of fun. Still too early to tell if i will prefer the manual to DSG. I am not too great at writing car reports, so sorry!!..:).. but hope you enjoy my photos (and my pretending to be professional photos..:wavey:)

Cheers

right, now i am off to watch Man Utd..:) :wavey::wavey::wavey:

·
748 Posts
Very nice motor, was my first colour choice, but ended up with a dpb!

·
264 Posts
Very very nice motor and nice, different choice of colour...excuse me for being a nob but is it a brand new R32 or Second Hand?? Just asking as youv got Zolders isntead of Omanyts??

·
5,616 Posts
Looks mint :top:

Every journey will start and end with a smile.

So what will you first mod be :D

·
3,137 Posts
RachR32 said:
I still can't do that and mine's a mk4 that I've had 10 months :)
when you've had the car 4 years and you still do it you know you made the right choice

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
firstly want to say thanks for all the welcome, very glad i came across this forum, it has to be the most friendly and welcoming forum i have been on!!.. fair play!!!

Manu_R32 said:
Very very nice motor and nice, different choice of colour...excuse me for being a nob but is it a brand new R32 or Second Hand?? Just asking as youv got Zolders isntead of Omanyts??
The car is 1 and half year old, and excuse me from being a noob..lol but whats Zolders and Omanyts?.. wheels i think? :flute:

Mattchaps said:
Looks mint :top:

Every journey will start and end with a smile.

So what will you first mod be :D
Your right about the "smiles" big grin just coming in from picking the chinese up..lol

Mods? Well if sonicmonkey (member on here) has anything to do with it then it will be a miltek.

But 1st things i am doing is Bluetooth Parrot : Tracker : Touch screen Sat nav, i am a bit of a whimp when it comes to mods.

Very Cherry said:
:party: whats the betting you wont be able to pass a window without looking outside and grinning :D
I have found going through housing estates with the window down the one so far!!.. i never used to drive with it down on any car, now i just cant help myself.

Funny thing, we always fight to who will go and pick the ****** up, tonight i actually offered!!..lol

·
243 Posts
Kraft said:
The car is 1 and half year old, and excuse me from being a noob..lol but whats Zolders and Omanyts?.. wheels i think? :flute:
Yeh, they're wheels. The first R32's had Zolders but current ones have Omanyts. Not sure when they changed, but it was about 6 months ago which explains why you have the original (and better looking!) wheels.

Nice little write up anyway. Wish I hadn't read it though because I'm changing my Mk 4 R32 for an Ed30 and really hope I don't regret not getting another R32!:dong: I need to hear bad things about the R32 so I know I've made the right choice!

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Golfgirl said:
Yeh, they're wheels. The first R32's had Zolders but current ones have Omanyts. Not sure when they changed, but it was about 6 months ago which explains why you have the original (and better looking!) wheels.

Nice little write up anyway. Wish I hadn't read it though because I'm changing my Mk 4 R32 for an Ed30 and really hope I don't regret getting another R32!:dong: I need to hear bad things about the R32 so I know I've made the right choice!
Ahh, thanks for explaining that!!. i need to have a look now..:hmmmm2:

I am really sorry to say that no bad comments will come from me..:(.. You will still love the ED30 though. They all are great cars, i love my GTI, but i needed to scratch an itch i had with the rawness of the 3.2.

Can i ask why you didnt go for a .:R MKV?

·
243 Posts
Kraft said:
Can i ask why you didnt go for a .:R MKV?
So many people have asked me that!

Originally I was going for an R32 as a natural progression from what I have. The salesman asked if I'd considered the Edition 30 and I had ruled it out without looking into it thinking it would be too much of a step down from what I had. I decided on the spec of the new R32, got quotes etc. and was ready to proceed when I thought I'd look into the Ed30 just to satisfy myself that I had considered it.

On paper, performance isn't that different and running costs would be cheaper etc. I test drove both cars back to back and the Ed30 impressed me more than I thought it would. I put everything into consideration, weighed up the pros and cons and the Ed30 was the better all-rounder. Sure, I'll miss the V6 burble and the 4WD but the Ed30 ticked all the other boxes.

I also think it looks better than the R32, and has a bit more exclusivity about it. I fancy trying a bit of turbo power as well. If I don't get on with it then the R32 is always there to fall back on, but at least I can say I've tried it and won't look back in the future saying "what if".

·
286 Posts
Nice one Mark, looks absolutely lush. You'll now sleep with a grin, wake with a grin and be one of the few people that drives to work early in the morning grinning!

Can't wait to meet up and have an "in-flesh" peep at her.

Some nice photos there - Looks like you are also into the old photography (like me) so a MKIV/MKV Photoshoot will definitely have to be done.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts