VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you have seen my car develop over the last year since I purchased it from VW in Horsham.

During that time I have had various modifications done to the car to improve performance and driveability. [ See Signature for listed Mods ]

I always had three phases for the car

Phase 1 : Do Exhuast; Suspension, CAI & Other General Mods
Phase 2 : Fully customised Remap by one of the most respected people in the business (Ray West) from West Tuning.
Phase 3 : Brakes & Rotrex Supercharger [ Planned 2009 ]

So I thought I would share the current day with you from start 2 finish.

Day started by @ 7am on the 1st of Feb 2008. (Well to be honest it was more like 3:45am, I was excited :blushed:) Collected John (JMR) from his house and we set off for a 83 miles journey up to West tuning. Stopped on the way for a full english Breakfast and continued to make our way to west tuning, arrived at west tuning @ 9:15 am.

Did the normal introductions then it was over to Ray West to do the business, John & I went to the Cafe @ Thruxton Race Track and waited for the Call. 2 hours later we got the call and headed back down to see the car rolling roaded with a new remap.

Ray West point out that he needed to take the ECU out because on the MK4 Golf you can't download all the file for analysis unlike the MK5 which you can see all the data by just pluging it in the com port.

The car was rolling roaded and was then asked to take it for a drive and feed back information, the thing that really hit me with the new remap was the way it delivered the power, it was sooner, smoother and stronger. In my opinion that remap has totally transferred the driveability of the car, I am unable to descibe the smoothness of the power delivery through the gears now.

The car is now pushing 261.4BHP and 265lbs or Torque (360nm)

Anyway I have some video's and Photo's for you too look at. I hope you enjoy :)

1. Video 1 - Ray West Setting the car up on the rolling road before the "Power Run"

2. Video 1 - Ray West rolling road after remapped ECU "Power Run"

1. Pictures Of the Day

Also had the delocking done and some side badges :D

[/CENTER]

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
looking good, nice folour match on the delock bit, good power figures as well.

·
324 Posts
They are some very realistic and solid gains from those engine mods. You must be thrilled mate :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts