VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning to buy KW V2 this summer/fall
maybe with H&R anti-roll bars

What other parts are recomended to buy/upgrade when fitting coilover kit?
parts that will be worn out faster than when the original shocks and springs are mounted.

l

·
1,748 Posts
iv got kw v3s with nuespeed arbs i got it fully poly bushed and set the fron with 1 deg of negative camber and its absolutely awesome.
my mates driven ALOT of motors mainly german and he told me mines the fastest vag hes ever been in point to point (stock engine too) its seriously impressive

·
Registered
466 Posts
As said I would recommend the Powerflex bush kit and if you are lowering the car more than around 30-40mm I would recommend the KW rear adjustable tie bars too :)

All of which I can supply at good prices so try me :D

Mike

·
5,500 Posts
BraveStarr said:
planning to buy KW V2 this summer/fall
maybe with H&R anti-roll bars

What other parts are recomended to buy/upgrade when fitting coilover kit?
parts that will be worn out faster than when the original shocks and springs are mounted.

l
Best off getting adjustable rear tie arms which allow the rear camber to be corrected when lowering the car. Without them, on a lowered car, your rear tyres will wear out on the insides too fast.

ECS do them, KW, and various other manufacturers. They aren't cheap though, looking around £200+ for the set.

Very much worth getting a upgraded Haldex too (if you haven't already done so), it'll make the front to rear power shuffle feel much more natural, rather than feeling power shift to the back after it's too late!

Also worth getting brand new top mount bushes and bearings (about £30-40 from VW), as they are coming out anyway during the suspension install.

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This car is mainly going to be used to and from work. and of course on some curve roads.
When are the adjustable rear tie arms needed? planning to get it down about 25-30mm

·
690 Posts
top mount bushes and bearings - think mine have gone as its started to clunk a bit.

should i replace front and rears?
sorry if i hijacked thread a bit :mellow:

·
5,500 Posts
BraveStarr said:
This car is mainly going to be used to and from work. and of course on some curve roads.
When are the adjustable rear tie arms needed? planning to get it down about 25-30mm
Yes it is worth getting the tie bars for this height

·
5,500 Posts
skierandy said:
top mount bushes and bearings - think mine have gone as its started to clunk a bit.

should i replace front and rears?
sorry if i hijacked thread a bit :mellow:
Clunking when turning the steering wheel is normally the top mount bearings. If it is these, then you might as well change the top mount bushes too, as they come out at the same time anyway.

If the clunking is happening not when steering, but when going over say a speed bump, then it might be just the anti roll bar bushes. My ARB bushes cracked on the rears at just under 3years old, and I got them changed by APS.

I've now had upgraded H/R anti roll bars fitted, and I've noticed that I get a rubber squeeking noise when going over speed bumps from the front. I assume it's the front bushes making the noise. I'll have to investigate it when the car goes in for it's 80,000 service

1 - 8 of 8 Posts