VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K&N induction kit (which I bought purely for the induction noise) but I am thinking of changing to a carbonio.

Your thoughts and views please

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
the majority say the carbonio is the best. I have to say its very likely it is, as the carbon fibre doesnt store heat like aluminium does so the intake temperature is always going to be less.

There are the pipercross and kn equivalents, the pipercross looks very nice, but its very similar to the carbonio, and the kn isnt carbon.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
You know i'm going to say my Carbonio . It makes a lovely roar and throttle response is improved.

I dont believe that the gains from Carbonio are any different than something like a green panel filter , however IMHO cold air is going directly to into the engine unlike the standard system unless you add a cold air feed.

Plus the Carbonio is the best looking unless you fancy the colour coded EIP one which also looks good

·
1,432 Posts
Carbonio for me, although with me impending FT360 turbo installation I have to get rid of the Carbonio and go back to stock airbox which is specially modified or go with an Evo MS air filter. Will be sticking with the specially modified first, maybe Evo at a later date.

Bye bye carbonio, it has served me well though.

·
1,105 Posts
i have a carbonio, but discarded the carbonio filter
reason, the carbonio filter is a wet filter and replaced it with a dry apexi dual funnel filter
it actually sounds a lot nicer, no breaks, just a smooth roar, and produces more power than wet filters
and the fact that its a dry filter, it doesnt kill your maf by covering it in oil/goo
hafizur

·
1,432 Posts
Yes indeedy, and likely my Neuspeed front strut brace too because it doesnt fit with the larger MAF and other bits associated with the FT360 kit.

·
624 Posts
I've got the colour matched EIP Cold Air Intake with an AEM bypass valve. Great noise, good looks, stupidly expensive once you've paid shipping import tax and VAT and it took weeks to arrive.

·
1,432 Posts
It looks nice tho Dan. I ordered bits from EIP, yes the wait was a long time but heres the best bit:

I didnt pay any import tax or anything at all, local customs held the package until they got more information from me and I told them it was car parts and they let me have it. No extra charges or anything.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im hoping my EIP system will be on for Inters, if so that means i will be selling my BMC panel filter if anyone wants it, its only covered around 500miles...:top:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts