VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What estimated BHP do you think I have with a Carbonio CAI, miltec non res cat bk and revo stage 1?

·
286 Posts
I'd say less than 270ish. Realistically, lot's of people are very optimistic. I'm at a RR on Friday, will let you know what i pull. Without the revo, at the mo.

·
616 Posts
The cat's will add around 10-12 on the stage 1 revo, milltek and CAI. Make it stage 2 Revo and you'll get another 5 ish. Then add the cams and you'll be looking at 300+ The cat's open it up nicely!

·
243 Posts
I've got Revo stage 2, Milltek unresonated with sports cats, K&N Typhoon and Schrick cams and estimate I have somewhere between 270-280bhp?

·
616 Posts
Golfgirl said:
I've got Revo stage 2, Milltek unresonated with sports cats, K&N Typhoon and Schrick cams and estimate I have somewhere between 270-280bhp?
:hmmmm: You must be running more than that!!!! I've got dyno's of mine somewhere running the same as you (I think) with 316bhp..... (OK that was one of the best pulls, but it always averaged around 308bhp) Have you got a 5 bar fuel reg?

·
286 Posts
Deckedr32 said:
:hmmmm: You must be running more than that!!!! I've got dyno's of mine somewhere running the same as you (I think) with 316bhp..... (OK that was one of the best pulls, but it always averaged around 308bhp) Have you got a 5 bar fuel reg?
Gotta say, i think Golfgirls' estimate is probably right, if a little low. We've all tried everthing with these VR6s, until you go FI, there's very little to be gained, really. :turtle:

·
243 Posts
Deckedr32 said:
No I haven't. And my RR figures have been nowhere near yours! Which rollers have you been on? Would be interesting to see my results against yours.

·
616 Posts
I've only been on the ones @ power engineering (got shocking results but so did everyone else running 4WD), AMD's and Engine Advantages. I'll see if I can find my RR printouts, I have some online somewhere......

·
243 Posts
I've only been on one set of rollers with all of the above mods and that was Superchips where I got 260bhp and 303NM....was expecting more TBH but they said they've not had an R32 on there that has got more than 270bhp, not even BBT Race car!

·
616 Posts
Something fishy going on there..... I have heard that the Superchips RR is set low but that's just word of mouth... I'll see if I can slap mine on their rollers when I pick it up and then I'll take it local to me and see what I get.
I'm desperately trying to find a RR printout.....

·
616 Posts
here is one from when I had some issues..... As you can see but this was without the Revo stage 2 turned on! Dotted line was without the cams and stage 2. What cams do you have? Mine were the 268/264's

·
243 Posts
Deckedr32 said:
What cams do you have? Mine were the 268/264's
I've got the 264's.

Interesting this...I would have thought I'd got nearer 300 (remember speaking to you via PM before I had the cams fitted) so was surprised when I went to Superchips! However, since having the cams the car drives so much better and does feel loads more powerful, so I guess that's the important thing really.

When I just had AMD Stage 2 (Milltek & remap) I got 266bhp but obviously different rollers provide different results.

·
616 Posts
I'd expect your torque to be slightly higher than mine with the 264's but your power seems to be low. The 5 bar fuel reg sorted out the spike I had and I also had the power pulleys installed plus a bit of tinkering with the SPS unit and I broke the 310bhp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts