VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what is the most popular colour of R32's on here?
Reflex Silver for me, love it when it's been clay barred....
Like a sheet of glass!
Always seem to see a lot of DBP out there?

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
DPB

·
19,389 Posts
You're right it is DBP - Deep Blue Pearlescent

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Sorry LOZ I meant DPB.... Lol....
Most people say DBP so don't worry you're with the majority. I've always referred to it as DPB as it makes sense grammatically to me. If my paintwork was metallic I'd say it was metallic blue if it's pearlescent I'd say it was pearlescent blue. If my paintwork was red I'd say bright red or racing red. The descriptive words go first and I've seen it written DPB in a brochure, but almost everyone on here says DBP

·
19,389 Posts
It's pretty common for Metallic and Pearlescent to be at the end of a colour although not grammatically correct.

You should be calling it Pearlescent Deep Blue (PDB):)

VW call it Deep Blue Pearlescent in their literature.

·
19,389 Posts
To be honest it doesn't really matter as it's the best colour whichever way round you want to describe it, second only to Rising Blue:)

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
It's pretty common for Metallic and Pearlescent to be at the end of a colour although not grammatically correct.

You should be calling it Pearlescent Deep Blue (PDB):)

VW call it Deep Blue Pearlescent in their literature.
It's got to be a mistake surely? If I was describing my penis I'd say it was a long fat penis, not a long penis fat

Sounds like another "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"

·
19,389 Posts
Grammatically I agree but I've seen quite a few colours described that way, not just other car companies but also in other industries.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Grammatically I agree but I've seen quite a few colours described that way, not just other car companies but also in other industries.
It amazes me that Peugeot managed to translate the colour of my 206 GTI 180 ok (Pearlescent Aegean Blue)
French gotta get something right hey?

·
19,389 Posts
Yea basically it's Blue :D/>

By the way what is the Black abbreviation? Is it the same as the Blue (whichever it is)

It amazes me that Peugeot managed to translate the colour of my 206 GTI 180 ok (Pearlescent Agean Blue) :p/> French gotta get something right hey? ;)/>
Why don't you call it PDB then?

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
That does make sense, I've seen plenty of weird grammar "mistakes" that companies have turned into the norm despite sounding weird

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Why don't you call it PDB then?
I didn't think people would have a clue what I was on about so went for the halfway house option

1 - 20 of 133 Posts