VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

So i'll be collecitng my r32 at the weekend if all goes to plan. and was looking around the forum for mod ideas (non engine/preferably non influential on insurance). thinking about the short shifter as a definite. seen that the dogbone mount is also recommended at the same time? Have seen alot about Blue haldex too? I'm not 100% sure what the blue haldex is / does / the benefits it offers or if it'll have an impact on insurance etc if anyone is able to enlighten me?

So what else have people done as their first mods on their r32s?

Thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just enlightened myself about the blue haldex and i won't be doing it as a first mod unfortunately due to the cost although i completely understand the benefits it offers.

First thing i think is the short shifter.

Car already has a Miltek Cat-back (non-res)

But what next....?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If its a mk4

Bora illuminated vents if yours don't light up already
Sharan badge- split it and paint the inside same colour as your car
There's a choice of rear wiper alternatives which look better than standard either some off a different vag or de wiper if that's your thing
Refurbish alloys (not cheap) either silver or change colour.
New wheel centre caps
Leon cupra r splitter is popular and not too dear (50 ish quid)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mods?....what are they!
Water pump,aux belt and radiator. Done.
All new brakes this Friday.
Have an RNS 510 and mdi to fit.
Picking up some Omanyt this weekend
What I have fitted is chrome switches and a cherry red hazard switch....yeah yeah BOOM I am the mod guru!!...NOT

·
Registered
641 Posts
Mods?....what are they!
Water pump,aux belt and radiator. Done.
All new brakes this Friday.
Have an RNS 510 and mdi to fit.
Picking up some Omanyt this weekend
What I have fitted is chrome switches and a cherry red hazard switch....yeah yeah BOOM I am the mod guru!!...NOT
Where did you get your cherry hazard from?? I'm looking at ones on eBay for about £6 but in regards to the switches I went VW as I didn't want Chinese copies lol

·
878 Posts
Afternoon all,

So i'll be collecitng my r32 at the weekend if all goes to plan. and was looking around the forum for mod ideas (non engine/preferably non influential on insurance). thinking about the short shifter as a definite. seen that the dogbone mount is also recommended at the same time? Have seen alot about Blue haldex too? I'm not 100% sure what the blue haldex is / does / the benefits it offers or if it'll have an impact on insurance etc if anyone is able to enlighten me?

So what else have people done as their first mods on their r32s?

Thanks!
Don't want to sound like a misery but why do you feel like you HAVE to mod it? Even worse asking other people for mods to do for the sake of it? Why not just make sure all servicing is done, haldex, check the chains and then get the bodywork looking mint with a detail/polish and just enjoy a nice car?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the response guys. I don't feel the NEED to mod it I was just curious what people had done on theirs and looking for the small things that add up to make a big difference. I'll be tight on funds once I buy the car so really just wanting some ideas. Which I got so thanks guys

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Cheers for the response guys. I don't feel the NEED to mod it I was just curious what people had done on theirs and looking for the small things that add up to make a big difference. I'll be tight on funds once I buy the car so really just wanting some ideas. Which I got so thanks guys
which one did you buy in the end

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.