VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what everyone recommends and do i need a remap on a cat back system cheers.

·
624 Posts
Milltek or Blueflame as they are easy to get hold of, make the same sort of power and look good. Think the Blueflame is slightly cheaper. no need for remap on cat back - you won't see massive difference if you did so may be worth waiting to include other mods and do the remap then.

·
1,432 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
when the time comes i plan to go for the EIP system, currently works out at a mere £251.11 for the backbox alone which is cheaper than most boxes currently here in the uk. there is a wait for them and you will have to add on the import charge too

G

·
Very Cherry said:
when the time comes i plan to go for the EIP system, currently works out at a mere £251.11 for the backbox alone which is cheaper than most boxes currently here in the uk. there is a wait for them and you will have to add on the import charge too
does that price include VAT as well?

·
3,732 Posts
khutula said:
does that price include VAT as well?
sure does. the full system in stainless steel which includes muffler, mid pipe, hardware & gaskets comes to £452.01 inc vat

also, The R32 Exhaust Systems are built in a modular fashion so those who purchase any Series can later purchase the individual items to achieve an additional variant.

you just need to enquire about shipping for the final price, but you have to admit thats good money!

get my vote... soon... soon it will be mine! :D

·
1,432 Posts
hahaha, you guys make me chuckle. I urge you to check out how much EIP put on for shipping. Another £250 or thereabouts will be the reply.

I ordered a few parts from them, shortshift and some small billlet aluminum parts and the shipping came to £150!!

Try it and see.

The Phirm are a UK based supplier of EIP parts as are Westec Performance but both have their issues in obtaining parts from EIP in the first place. Might be best to give them a call and see what they have though.

G

·
Very Cherry said:
sure does. the full system in stainless steel which includes muffler, mid pipe, hardware & gaskets comes to £452.01 inc vat

also, The R32 Exhaust Systems are built in a modular fashion so those who purchase any Series can later purchase the individual items to achieve an additional variant.

you just need to enquire about shipping for the final price, but you have to admit thats good money!

get my vote... soon... soon it will be mine! :D
What puts you off the Milltek - its proven is widely availble here and has a support network - and its sounds and looks really good :151:

·
3,732 Posts
khutula said:
What puts you off the Milltek - its proven is widely availble here and has a support network - and its sounds and looks really good :151:
agreed its a top product, just a fan of the EIP systems after seeing and hearing them on cars (all video none in the flesh mind)

didnt realise there were shipping issues though. but that can be resolved as i have some friends in the states so might be able to sort something when the time comes

·
1,432 Posts
I used an indication-only postcode of NW1 7SA (London I believe) and the breakdown of costs is as follows:

Details Name Unit Price Quantity Total Select
E0503020 EIP Mk4 VW R32 3" Competition Series Exhaust (Muffler, Without Resonator) US$849.99 US$849.99
Exhaust Baffle Modification: - Not Required - -
Sub Total: US$849.99
Shipping Estimate (Add $4.95 for Handling): US$443.06
Grand Total: US$1,293.05

Thats £232 on shipping alone!

·
3,732 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
I used an indication-only postcode of NW1 7SA (London I believe) and the breakdown of costs is as follows:

Details Name Unit Price Quantity Total Select
E0503020 EIP Mk4 VW R32 3" Competition Series Exhaust (Muffler, Without Resonator) US$849.99 US$849.99
Exhaust Baffle Modification: - Not Required - -
Sub Total: US$849.99
Shipping Estimate (Add $4.95 for Handling): US$443.06
Grand Total: US$1,293.05

Thats £232 on shipping alone!
:afraid: sweet jesus!!

·
1,432 Posts
And remember, if your items from EIP are stopped by customs you must tell them that the goods are vehicle parts which are zero rated on duty.

I know MacDaddy got stung for duty when he received some items from EIP. I told my shipper that they were motor parts and the package was put into my hands shortly after without another word said over duty :)

·
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok thanks alot to everyone iv got alot to think about and look into now cheers?

·
3,732 Posts
khutula said:
Its the most popular choice for the R32.

I have Milltek manifolds, sports cats and a straight through exhaust - sounds awesome :151:
i have to wait before i can play, flapper mod 2st for me :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts