VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is 6463 recall an ecu mod to iron out hesitations?
mine drives fine but don't think it has had recall.
stealers say all recall s are done and its had coil packs .
anyone had it done in yorkshire?thanks

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
If your dealer says its done then it probably is. If in doubt then ring a different Dealer with the same question. Its a flat spot in the rev range. Do a search and you will find billions of results

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 022 906 032 CP HW: 11. 06. 02
Component: MOTRONIC ME7.1.1G 0001
Coding: 0000132
Shop #: WSC 31414 000 00000
VCID: 5BB54447999CDDC014E

No fault code found.

leads me to not believe dealer. should it not say 6463 after
motronic

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
The 6463 update is not a recall so VW dealers won't know if its had the update or not unless they plug their diag computer into the actual car. It looks like you've done this already (with I guess a cable and the free RossTech software?). I have come across R32's before that didn't qualify for the update, but equally you just need a qualifying VIN number (or a tech who knows where to find the TSB/Technical Server Bulletin) and it can be applied.

·
4,420 Posts
is 6463 recall an ecu mod to iron out hesitations?
mine drives fine but don't think it has had recall.
stealers say all recall s are done and its had coil packs .
anyone had it done in yorkshire?thanks
the 6463 gets rid of flat spots, and i believe makes it 246PS rather than 241, im sure you can check if you have it using a secret menu in the climatronic, press the blue button, down arrow and econ i believe, but i dont know what number it is or anything, i saw it a while back

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I would say judging on Silversonics post, he does not have the update.

·
463 Posts
the 6463 gets rid of flat spots, and i believe makes it 246PS rather than 241, im sure you can check if you have it using a secret menu in the climatronic, press the blue button, down arrow and econ i believe, but i dont know what number it is or anything, i saw it a while back
Anymore info on this ???

·
19,388 Posts

·
4,420 Posts
Anymore info on this ???
(Press Fan Down, Colder button & ECON at same time. The scroll to number 30 using the hot/cold buttons.)

The display should show 222 if you have the 6463 update, if it says 221 or lower then you need the update.

·
4,420 Posts

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
not all R's needed it...mine didn't as it had no flat spots...until it was mapped by JBS then it ran awful..took 3 goes to fix it...runs great now with the HGP map

If you have no flat spot..between 2k and 4k revs you don't need it

·
4,420 Posts

·
4,420 Posts
not all R's needed it...mine didn't as it had no flat spots...until it was mapped by JBS then it ran awful..took 3 goes to fix it...runs great now with the HGP map

If you have no flat spot..between 2k and 4k revs you don't need it
fair point, mine doesnt have it and havent noticed any flat spots "52 plate" but im getting a remap anyway when my sports cat comes

·
Registered
241 Posts
(Press Fan Down, Colder button & ECON at same time. The scroll to number 30 using the hot/cold buttons.)

The display should show 222 if you have the 6463 update, if it says 221 or lower then you need the update.
Mine says 223 and has had the 6463 update. Could the car have been mapped after this?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts