VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously all I seem to be hearing on here lately is people having break ins and stuff stolen. Then you get all the violence on the news. But we get people in the government telling us crime is falling.

Its rubbish, especially in London. I've just been in Bath for 7 months at uni. I come back to London forgetting how shit it is, but seem to be quickly reminded.
Just tried to go the the cinema with a mate to see AdULTHOOD, we get there, park up. Start walking towards the cinema. There's about 20 crews of rude boys outside it, all about 10 people strong. Tryin not to bring too much attention to ourselves being the only two white kids there! Then we started to notice all the poilce. There were 4 or 5 police vans and about another 5 squad cars, never seen so many police. A few were armed n the others were all in stab vests n stuff.

We get to the cinema entrance and are told by staff its been closed due to a "situation". Overheard other people talking sounded like there'd been a massive brawl in the cinema and some stabbings. Some rude probably got too hyped watching adulthood n kicked off.

End of that bit of the rant, but I'm only 19 n I've seen London definitely get significantly worse in the last few years. Its not good :/ If I finish uni with a good degree I'm seriously considering leaving this country before it becomes a complete shit heap. In the last couple of years, people have tried to mug me a few times, one guy tried to jack my bike on the way to school when I was still there but I got in a fight with him which ending with him running off. One of my mates was completely done over just outside school. A few have been mugged at knife point. Its getting ridiculous. You can't have anything nice these days for fear of people who refuse to work hard enough to afford nice things taking them away from you.

Anyway thats my rant, any thoughts?

EDIT: I'm sitting here in bed n all I can hear is police sirens zooming up n down

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
I don't disagree with anything you gave written - it's well put. The problem in my opinion is that there seems to be a generation being brought up that has no respect for authority or society in general and they seem to spend their time kicking back at the rest of the world. Perhaps there is nothing to respect? That's a different argument/ discussion and I'm not sure I agree anyway.

Bringing it back to cars slightly, I find myself watching the TV shows that follow police around in the UK dealing with criminals that steal cars/deal drugs and theft. It's entertaining, interesting to see what the police have to deal with and also to see what tools they have at their disposal (ANPR!) but i'm always stunned at the comment at what happens to them.

Theft of someone's pride and joy, car chase at over 100 mph involving what seems like most of the county's police force, missing other pedestrians and motorists, drug dealing, resisting arrest and when captured, 30 hours community service.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thats why i got outta the U.K mate.

Too much tax
too much crime
too many immigrants
Expensive housing
expensive living costs
blah blah blah on and on i could go

Best thing i ever did was come to Dubai 4 years ago.
Cheap everything and no tax.
I fill the 32 up from empty for 8 pound ...YES 8 Quid...lol...

·
119 Posts
A_D_T said:
Thats why i got outta the U.K mate.

Too much tax
too much crime
too many immigrants
Expensive housing
expensive living costs
blah blah blah on and on i could go

Best thing i ever did was come to Dubai 4 years ago.
Cheap everything and no tax.
I fill the 32 up from empty for 8 pound ...YES 8 Quid...lol...
LOL! Complaining about immigrants and now you are one!

No one is ready to stand up to troublesome kids these days so they think they can get away with anything. When i stayed in Glasgow i occassionally got troble with kids throwing stuff at my windows and hanging about outside my flat etc. It all stopped after I went outside in a MAD RAGE with a golf club and threatened to knock the fcking heads off if they ever came near my place again.

That being said, I wouldn't have been so tough if thought they might have had guns (ie London, Birmingham).

Everyone needs to stand up to these little bstads even if that means kicking the shit out of a 14/15 year old. Lessons need to be learned. Maybe a bit extreme but I think everyone should know by now that sending these kids on bad-boy outward bound courses doesn't work.

·
57 Posts
I've been waiting for the day when the British become immigrants. Im 21 and am very much considering vacating my self from this little isle, mainly cos the roads are always wet :wink: As for these "ghetto" kids its only gunna get worse imo, they dont seem to grasp that you get out of life what you put into it. Dubai does sound bloody nice though!!

·
4,573 Posts
It's not just me then getting disillusioned with the state of this country. I agree about the lack of respect and they know there's nothing you can do because if you touch um mr policeman comes round and YOU get in the shit.

The parents arnt much better their veiw is "my little Johney wouldn't do that". I'm afraid he would!!!

·
119 Posts
wrk_in_progress said:
It's not just me then getting disillusioned with the state of this country. I agree about the lack of respect and they know there's nothing you can do because if you touch um mr policeman comes round and YOU get in the shit.

The parents arnt much better their veiw is "my little Johney wouldn't do that". I'm afraid he would!!!
In Nazi Germany only certain people were allowed to have children...

...only joking, I'm a very liberal person though and would absolutely NOT condone any such policy.

We must remember that, on global standards, the UK is a pretty nice place to live. Has anyone been to India latel FFS???

·
4,573 Posts
I understand what your saying about therevare worse places but that doesn't make me feel any safer.

I like the idea of only certain people allowed to have children (joke)

·
3,281 Posts
I worked in Nirobi for a month, a good 4-5 years ago, now that is a dangerous place to be!

I was given a driver and told, not to go outside to get my lunch unless he was with me. We went outside a couple of times during the working day and I tell you what, it was one of the biggest eye openers in my life! I was the only white person in the street, we were followed by at least 3-4 people, I was stopped regularly and asked about my shoes.

One guy came up to me and said, 'hey, you from England yea?'. I was told under no circumstances NEVER to enter into any kind of conversation with anyone on the street, well I made that mistake, I answered 'Yea', well then he had me trapped, he didn't leave our side, whilst telling me that he studied in Leeds, it was amazing, he knew loads of landmarks all over the country and was the most knowledgable person I've ever met about the UK. The best con man you'll ever meet.

When I started to ignore him as he asked for money, his mood changed rapidly, he got offended and the one comment came that was his trump card: 'Why you being ignorant boy, are you racisit?', thats when I shat my pants, we got to a massive restaruant that was expensive for him and he wouldn't dare go into it. He preceeded to wait outside for us and my driver ended up calling the Police to move him on.

There were people lining the pavements with no limbs and no eyes just simply begging. Unfortunately I was there when some riots kicked off and I was confined to my hotel for a weekend, whilst people were shot and tared up the pavments, looted shops and set fire to cars.

On another note, I was taken out one Friday by a person I was working with, to a club! Well all I can say is what an amazing night I had, he knew where to go and the people were a joy to be with, the most hospitable people you could ever wish to meet.

It kinda puts life into perspective when you do visit these places and whilst I'll agree, parts of the UK are fast becoming places that I wouldn't walk through, luckily we are a long way off from, street boys, monthly street riots and needing personal body guards.

·
402 Posts
Gotta agree with jays, there are some really ropey places out there (my old man used to travel to Liberia/ Sierra Leone for work - scary) but the state of this country really hacks me off....

Two words:

National Service

and I am also a fan of bringing back capital punishment for hardcore crimes, we as the taxpayer, should not be paying for any little tykes who have got in so much crap that they need protection- tough, you made your bed now lie on it!

Anyway rant over but with the economy in its current state, I don't think it is going to get better any time soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts