VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
It not like a multi purpose bracket?
Engine-mount
Sub Frame

The bit that scunner me is the bit it looks like a top mount on the left,

Regards
Vrt
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still unsure as to what it's purpose is!

Just wondering if it can be cut off with no ill effects?

 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what we thought, just there to help get the engine out.

But I just want to make sure it's not needed or there to balance something else out.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
shammy7 said:
Thats what we thought, just there to help get the engine out.

But I just want to make sure it's not needed or there to balance something else out.
Have you ask vw?

Regards
Vrt
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
shammy7 said:
Still unsure as to what it's purpose is!

Just wondering if it can be cut off with no ill effects?

Ye mental????
Dnt cut it, jusr keep it. It probly does something that not one of us has figured out yet.

Regards
Vrt
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
shammy7 said:
Going to ask VW on monday


Going for a fully smoothed engine bay so removing clutter
Fair enough, just make sure it no need for anything or that it invalidate your warranty

Regards
Vrt
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Warranty? Theres no warranty on this car buddy


But your right I need to be 100% that it's not needed
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
19,388 Posts
Engine manufacter warranty tho?
Like body cover last 10years

Regards
Vrt
Thete is no engine manufacturer warranty other than the 3yr / 60k miles. VW can, at their discretion,, offer goodwill after this period.

Anti-Perforation warranty is 12 years, not 10 years.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
cuprabob said:
Thete is no engine manufacturer warranty other than the 3yr / 60k miles. VW can, at their discretion,, offer goodwill after this period.

Anti-Perforation warranty is 12 years, not 10 years.
Cheers for the correction

Regards
Vrt
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top