VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 53 plate 5 door R32 in black that I have owned since it was 6 months old with 6k on clock. I had to have a brand new engine fitted at VW after 36k as chain broke driving 10mph. It now has 74 on clock. I drive a work demo so haven’t used it for prob 8yrs or more. Wondering what these are worth now?
I have receipts for the engine replacement at VW where I also had the clutch and water pump replaced whilst there.
pondering what to do with it as it’s a waste of a good car sat not being used and my boys are both under 5yrs old. Can’t imagine holding onto it for another 10yrs or more for them to have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has it just been sat for 8 years or has it moved at all?
Moved a few times, had it mot’d for a few years after I stopped using it then just covered it back up. Hasn’t moved for prob 4yrs. I’ve just had it running after changing filters and oil etc. replaced pads and discs all round, 1 rear coil spring that had snapped. Both front top mounts. Fuel pump in tank had failed so that’s been replaced. Just looking at bodywork and interior next so it’s in a decent condition. Just couldn’t watch it waste away.

·
42 Posts
Good glad to hear, I throw best part of 10k at mine last year refresh all the mechanicals, I've got the bodywork to sort now to put it back into A1 condition. Keep us posted (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts