VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys have been reading about a citrus based alloy wheel cleaner what would you all recommend?

·
Registered
106 Posts
depends on how dirty your wheels are but best bet is to get them clean and then use a wheel sealent / good wax on them which should help them to stop geeting dirty .

Lots of good cleaners out there , if your wheels are not to dirty something like a good citrus wash will do

If they are needing a bit more something like p21s wheel cleaner or Megs wheel brightner diluted weakly ...

But get yourself some jetseal to seal them up and then just a normal shampoo weekly will sort it

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you're popping into Halfords then you can get some Meguiars Hot Rims or some Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner, both good products. Otherwise, online you have Meguiars Wheel Brightener, Mothers Wheel Mist, P21s Gel etc.

Some good wheel waxes are: Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Wheelwax or Chemical Guys Wheelguard. :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
when i clean exhausts, depending on how bad it is i use Belgom Alu.

on this exhaust though, i needed to wet sand it first then polish up...

same product again, with the inside of the exhaust having had wire brush and Belgom Alu.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Depends on how bad they are , a good metal polish with a terry towel should sort them, if they are quite bad you can use fine steel wool ....with some polish ....autosol is pretty good

·
387 Posts
me too - good friendly advice, and prompt delivery :cool:

·
110 Posts
Dan22 said:
Hi guys have been reading about a citrus based alloy wheel cleaner what would you all recommend?
Get yourself into any motorcycle shop or they now sell it online and buy some "Muc-off". It is fantastic stuff. It doesnt contain any nasty stuff like alot of alloy cleaners and consequently is good to your car :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts