VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so my 2007 r32 transmission is broken. dealership says the mechatronic unit needs to be replaced. Once the car is warmed up it will not shift higher then second gear.
My transmission code is jpz and I'm wondering if i bought a replacement trans if it has to be jpz or if it can be hxz or another type of transmission?

· Eats Kitty Litter
6,631 Posts
The mk5 R32 dsg multitronic unit can be refurbished. here in the UK there are several companies able to do this such as DSG Transmission Repairs - TCM Faults Fixed | SINSPEED
As to your question about replacement transmission all mk5 dsg gearboxes are the same items . The difference in code just relates to the date of manufacture .
Audi Workshop Manuals > A3 Mk2 > Power transmission > Direct shift gearbox 02E, four-wheel drive > Technical data > Code letters, gearbox allocation, ratios, equipment (workshop-manuals.com)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mk5 R32 dsg multitronic unit can be refurbished. here in the UK there are several companies able to do this such as DSG Transmission Repairs - TCM Faults Fixed | SINSPEED
As to your question about replacement transmission all mk5 dsg gearboxes are the same items . The difference in code just relates to the date of manufacture .
Audi Workshop Manuals > A3 Mk2 > Power transmission > Direct shift gearbox 02E, four-wheel drive > Technical data > Code letters, gearbox allocation, ratios, equipment (workshop-manuals.com)
So It would work?, If I used a transmission from a 2006 model? hxz code?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts