VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the standard Michelin Pilot Sports on mine but they are all now coming down to the wear markers and need a new set. The Michelin's are great, but expensive, even from mytyre.com.

The options seem to be Eagle F1's, P Zero's, perhaps even the Nero's or spend the extra and just get the same Michelin's :burnout:

What shoes do you wear, and how are they?

Thanks alot.

·
2,443 Posts
hi mate when i had my car they came witch mitch`s and i found them brilliant,i had to changed to the goodyear eagle f1` and they were utter rubish in my opinion couldnt wait to get them off the car. iv just bought the new mitch`s out pilot sport ps2 and they are brilliant if u got 500 quid i wuldnt hasitate

·
Registered
159 Posts
farmer said:
hi mate when i had my car they came witch mitch`s and i found them brilliant,i had to changed to the goodyear eagle f1` and they were utter rubish in my opinion couldnt wait to get them off the car. iv just bought the new mitch`s out pilot sport ps2 and they are brilliant if u got 500 quid i wuldnt hasitate
I posted a thread on here somewhere about the EVo Tyre Test 2007 - Eagle F1 asymmetrics were top. I run Conti Sport Contact 3s and they're very good (came third in the test).

·
2,443 Posts
I think its down to personal preference, they were to hard and i thought the grip was nothing special especially in the wet.

·
3,732 Posts
i run mich pilots, cant fault them tbh. the negative thoughts on the eagle f1s surprised me, i would have thought that they would have performed quite well..or are they all design and hype?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
In the recent tyre review i read in Evo mag, Pilot sports were top followed by Vredestein.

Yokohama were well down the list which very dissapointing

·
83 Posts
If it aint broke, don't fix it! Pilot sports get my vote, pricey but then you get what you pay for. On that note what are people paying for them? Just got one fitted for £135, didn't think that was too bad.:dontknow:

·
344 Posts
I'm running Dunlop SP Sport 9000's and i'm very happy with them, plenty of grip in the wet & dry!

G

·
P Zero Nero's get my vote for sticky in the dry, but ain't so hot in the wet. And they really don't last that long either.

Was planning on try avon ZZ3's next time if only for their VFM factor.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Eagle F1's :top:

·
4,328 Posts
I have had mitch pilots, toyo t1rs and have now got the eagle f1s and i love them. I really liked the t1rs but they didnt have them when i went to change so got the f1s under a sort of deal with the tyre guy and he was right they are aced and a cut above the other two i have used.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quite a variety on here, choice is the spice of life.

Can't go wrong with the Michelins to be fair so will have a good look around for them. Failing that will go for the F1's. Thanks for the help :top:

·
103 Posts
My tyres are all getting a little low - a couple of mm left before the wear indicators all round.

Currently I have Pilot Sport 2's all round and haven't been that impressed by them. They don't seem to have a huge amount of grip in the wet and the dry isn't much better? Might just be this set of tyres though?

If I can find somewhere that does them I'll try the Vredestein Ultratac's.

Jeffers

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
Pilot Sport PS2 here. I'm a big Michelin fan and run them on all of the cars here. They are expensive, but like V-Power, you get what you pay for. ;)

·
1,184 Posts
Funds are tight as i've had tax and service this month and I need 4 new, currently have Kumho Ecstas on car...came shod with them and can't complain..., was going to go for Vredesteins as they are a bargain from mytyres.com...95 a tyre delivered! However I just spotted a local bloke on ebay selling some brand new Ecstas for 200 notes-for 4! Think i'll settle on them for a while then go for the vredesteins next time. I'll let you know how the Kumhos fair up from new, but you have gotta love that tread pattern on the Vreds!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts