VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some moderate/severe swirling on the car and it really annoys me when the sun is out! i am a bit of a newbie with this detailing stuff...i have been looking at some polishes which are 'made' for the job of removing swirling and they warn of them being abrasive. i understand that to remove the swirls, some abrasion has to be used, but will the paint need protecting with another product after this?

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a product that they found good for this...and wont blow the bank?

cheers,
chris!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
Yes, it will need to be protected with a sealant and/or wax.

The choice often depends on what colour car you have, as some work better on certain colours.

·
1,149 Posts
Removing swirls by hand is going to be very hard, it can be done but you wont achieve the results that you can with a machine polisher and you'll end up with very sore arms! Machine polishing isn't something to be entered into lightly either, if you're using the wrong equipment/polishes or a combination of that and bad technique you run the risk of seriously screwing your paint. I've seen it done before to owners of show cars at shows :S My advice would be to sign up to a detailing forum and see if there's anyone in or around your area who can show you what to do. I did this recently through a detailing day and i'm much happier about what i can achieve and how to achieve it. As i'm more cautious i'd probably go with a Megs G220 rather than a rotary that can be a bit more hardcore!

·
1,149 Posts
Blacks an awesome colour if you have the patience to give it the work it requires!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts