VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
196 Posts
In the first 13 days of owning the car I had to she'll out 4k for engine rebuild due to timing chain snapping then a 1200 bill for tyres and other stuff after I got it back

·
196 Posts
In the first 13 days of owning the car I had to she'll out 4k for engine rebuild due to timing chain snapping then a 1200 bill for tyres and other stuff after I got it back
[/quote

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
I still love the car and it was worth it gulp!!!

·
1,534 Posts
buying the car lol
I think the biggest bill ive had so far is 4 new tyres £450 the rest of the other bits I suppose ive bought will all add up to a higher price but they've been over time

·
Registered
328 Posts
so far I had a bill for £460 for a full service atleast it's done
and she's all fresh and I atchualy know what's been done on the car

·
468 Posts
On my MK4 just under £2000 for timing chain replacement, I was lucky that it was spotted before it snapped though. Touch wood nothing with the MK5 yet, service is due in december.

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Poly Bushed through out, was £600 quid at AmD

·
Nappy Wearing Member
881 Posts
£240, two new knock sensors and 2 hours labor, service in a few months that one will probably top it.

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
Radiator. Fuel pump, temp switch and a service 2 x years ago all went in the same 2 weeks just over 1000, for all of it

So in 3 x years not alot really

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
287 Posts
MalakianCigaro said:
On my MK4 just under £2000 for timing chain replacement, I was lucky that it was spotted before it snapped though. Touch wood nothing with the MK5 yet, service is due in december.
And Im glad u had the work done
jus shelling out for fuel is enough for me at the mo :-/

VAG4life

·
1,357 Posts
My 3 year extended warranty and service plan bought at the same time shortly after I bought it...

...which paid off handsomely when they found out my radiator and water pump needed changing at the same time when in for service a year later.

Bang... that's well over £2k there - I wasn't paying though - dealer does a report to VW, approved - done and dusted - I'm laughing!

·
4,420 Posts
£900 full respray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts