VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, lads (and maybe lasses?). I'm picking up my car this weekend - all being well - and it's completely standard, so my first job will be to get rid of the wheel arch gap. I'm not really into the 'slammed' look, as i don't think that's what performance cars need. A good set of springs and a decent drop will suffice, for me. That said, i'm not set against the idea of buying coilovers.

Could you post pics of your car, and state what it's lowered with? After all, who can resist a good opportunity to pic whore?!

·
587 Posts
image-3216207357.png

H&R springs, standard dampers. Still not settled yet but gives a nice drop with a small compromise in ride quality.

Attachments

Reactions: N111K JS

·
374 Posts
how far is the drop compared to standard, my mkv is standard but a bit too much space in the arch. i dont want it to be uncomfortable though. also how much for the hr spring. thanks

·
3,611 Posts
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:8675]

wietec coil overs

·
206 Posts
Lowered on H&R Springs, Standard Dampers

Wheel Specs - 18x8J All around, 3mm Spacers all around, ET42 front and back. Tyre sizes also have allowed me a further 8mm upfront and 4mm on the rear. Im running 205/40/18 on the front and 215/40/18 on the rear.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks very much for the replies, all. The H & R springs look like the job.

Any particular reason why they're favoured over the 30mm Apex springs?

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts