VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Im thinking of getting 20mm spacers for the back wheels on my .:R and as ive got standard wheels and setup, wondered if any 1 else has used them or 15mm, and how wide they make it look?

Post some pic's please!

Cheers Dan

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
hi Dan. welcome to the site!

As for spacers, im also going to be going 20mm on the back with standard wheels. until i get my new ones anyway.

ill have a look for some pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wayne said:
hi Dan. welcome to the site!

As for spacers, im also going to be going 20mm on the back with standard wheels. until i get my new ones anyway.

ill have a look for some pics.
Cheers man!

Go for it, had a quick search no joy!

·
4,328 Posts
Seriously, dont put them on. I really beleive they have a major effect of wearing out the rear transmission. As mine started to make noises only after i had 15mm spacers each side. And then when they were removed everything seems okay now. And from what i read on vortex people who have had problems with the rear tranmission have mainly been people who have had rear speacers or a staggered wheel set-up. Personally i didnt fancy the 3.5k risk anymore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pomme said:
Seriously, dont put them on. I really beleive they have a major effect of wearing out the rear transmission. As mine started to make noises only after i had 15mm spacers each side. And then when they were removed everything seems okay now. And from what i read on vortex people who have had problems with the rear tranmission have mainly been people who have had rear speacers or a staggered wheel set-up. Personally i didnt fancy the 3.5k risk anymore.
Sh!t never heard of that! They do look nice with them on, just found this pic, think its got 15s

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/HONDA_RVF400/R21.jpg

·
4,328 Posts
Yeah it has only really started to show up lately, when the rear tranny is stating to pack in. People have found the rear tranny oil to be really really dirty, so you would probably be okay if you changed the oil occasionally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

1 word FAT!!!!!

Right 20s now on order! ill post some pic's of mine when their on!

Cheers Guys

·
74 Posts
ive got 10,s for the front and 15,s for the back but havnt put them on yet,where do you guys who have spacers get your longer locking wheel nuts from ?????

·
1,432 Posts
Anything over a 20mm rear spacer is ill-advised as it wreaks havoc with the haldex diff and could well break it in time. Stick to or below 20mm and the Haldex is designed to cope with this kind of difference from stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts