VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you got wheel spacers on the standard R wheels if so how far can I come out with out looking stupid? I will be lowering the car shortly.

G

·
I have 15mm at the rear and 10 mm at the front and my car is also running KW v3s - looks great - fills the wheel arches nicely. I wouldn't go anymore than this :151:

·
1,432 Posts
Ideal sized spacers with the standard wheels are 20mm rear and 10mm front.

·
190 Posts
I looked into doing this, im gonna get a price for spacers tomorrow, as the wheels just look "lost" in the rear arches

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Have thought about this but was worried about whether this causes problems with the wheel alignment? Is it just a case of put the spaces in, then have the wheels realigned as normal?

Also, so you need longer bolts or are the standard ones long enough?

·
1,432 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help, so its 20mm or 15mm at the back? and 10mm at front, these dont put the camber out atall do they?

·
1,432 Posts
Wheel spacers do not effect camber as they are equally spaced 360 degrees. Lowering of the vehicle effects camber.

20mm or 15mm at the back and 10mm for the front, correct.

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do wheel spacers look alrite if the cars not lowerd? Has anyone got any pics with there car with wheel spacers?

G

·
Dirty and lowered - poor pic I'm afraid

The only picture I have before the V3s were fitted - doesn't show the spacers too well

G

·
Here is Dan32's car with 15mm rear and 10mm front - with no lowering - I am sure he won't mind me posting this pic.

Before

After

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks good thanks again everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts