Finaly thw wheels are on ! Here's the R

Attachments

·
616 Posts
Sweet! What are they?

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are Fox R4's, they were second choice to the BBS i wanted but were not avaliable.. but i think that was a blessing as these look great in the flesh. Just trying to sorce some center caps to fit.

·
4,328 Posts
not really my cup of tea, as i think the bend in the spoke makes it look a bit bumpy and takes away from the clean lines of the car.

But really all that maters is whether you like them, which by the sounds of it you do :)

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose that is a difference of opinion, which is a surprise seeming as you went for LM's ! but thanks for taking the time to comment .

·
616 Posts
I quite like them! I want to know what they look like on a MK4 now! I always have issues with wheels though, long story....

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i actually put four different wheels on as its such a big decision..( lucky my local wheel supplier is very accomodating ) and as i said the bbs ck was my first choice but could not get them in 19's. But the R4's are a very similar spoke design to the bbs LM's but slightly thicker.. will try and post a few more pics tomorrow to give you more of an idea. I think the mk IV and V's seem to be able to carry off the same wheels, so if it suits one it should suit the other.

·
4,328 Posts
jonesy07 said:
I suppose that is a difference of opinion, which is a surprise seeming as you went for LM's ! but thanks for taking the time to comment .
Yeah true i think they are very similar, but the lms have a flat spoke face:

where as the r4s have a bend in the spoke:

and i dont know i just think the bend breaks up the line.

Im not saying its wrong, just what i beleive. Its all personal preference when it comes not just to cars but also modding them :):five:

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah see what you mean by the bend and yes agreed... the face and rear profile is very different to the LM's. Just had a good look at your R.. looks great mate.

G

·
Deckedr32 said:
I quite like them! I want to know what they look like on a MK4 now! I always have issues with wheels though, long story....
I thought you were getting your mates BBS CHs - the ones with Porsche brakes on a Black MKIV?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Very nice! They look better than the BBS wheels IMO. Post some more pics if you get chance. Would be interesting to find out if you think the 19's have an effect on handling and in what way...

·
1,084 Posts
I love it!

Classic style that suits all Dubs IMO.

Personally I would've gone for BBS, but I'm guessing the Fox's were cheaper too.

I'm would like something like this on mine, but staying with 18's.

James

·
616 Posts
khutula said:
I thought you were getting your mates BBS CHs - the ones with Porsche brakes on a Black MKIV?
I was! He decided to sell the car with them on so I didn't get them! So I went out and bought a set direct off BBS. They turned up with with dodgy tyres I hadn't payed for and scratched to hell + 2 of they had been used! They told me that's how it is..... I wasn't happy! So I eventually got a refund. Then, I recently bought a set of Audi RS4 alloys that were supposed to be 19x8 with the finish I wanted.... They turned up 19x8.5, I know it's not a big difference but with my car lowered they would rub and I didn't want that. I'd had enough of that with my old car! Even with my old car someone tried to nick them and I drove off with olnly the locking bolt in each wheel, I put my foot down on a roundabout and the wheels poped off and the car hit the deck in the middle of the road! My luck with wheels isn't great.

·
616 Posts
Not sure really! I've gone off BBS after my previous experiences and I haven't seen anything else I like. There are quite a few in the US I like but they are a bit bling for the UK. I quite like the look of that fox R4, not sure how it would look on the MK4. I'd also want to know how heavy they are etc...

G

·
I always wanted 19" CHs - but now I am getting the V3s fitted I am not sure. I really like my Aristos - just with they were clean at some point!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts