VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Need some advice, as I have to change my wheels to fit the above calipers I need some ideas as to what wheels will clear that don't costs the earth.

Preferably after advice from guys who have them fitted rather than here say.

Was looking at a set of OZ superleggeras in an ET35 fitment, would these need spacers still?

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
The Super's tend to have quote a lot of space behind the spokes. Its difficult to say without actually testing the wheel upto the hub!

·
1,063 Posts
I'm running standard wheels with 15mm spacers & there's not alot of room to play with!

I'm sure an old member "Rory" was running supers with Porsche callipers unsure on spacers tho! Check his build thread its a silver mk4 r ill try n get u a link

·
1,063 Posts
Just read his forsale thread & it says 10mm spacers front so I would guess

10mm spacers & supers is fine

·
1,243 Posts
yeh I own the car now and he did run 10mm spacers but he also told me he had rubbing issues. It may of been due to running the car quite low I dont know. I can double check the offset as I still have the alloys on the car but different suspension not calipers. Also I think they might of been cayenne calipers.

·
1,063 Posts
yeh I own the car now and he did run 10mm spacers but he also told me he had rubbing issues. It may of been due to running the car quite low I dont know. I can double check the offset as I still have the alloys on the car but different suspension not calipers. Also I think they might of been cayenne calipers.
I think cayenne calipers are bigger than 996tt 1s but I could be wrong!

I would of said 15mm to be on the safe side

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sure my wheels are et35, 16mm spacers give me the absolute minimum clearance for my 996t calipers, oz wheels may need a lil less, depends on the shape of the back of the spokes I suppose

·
1,028 Posts
I've got cayenne calipers which I believe are bigger, I've got 10mm spacers with et35 blq replicas and they clear fine. Do get some rubbing on the arch though

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
You need to bring the ET on 6pots down to ET23

I tried my supers ET35 on 6pots and needed crazy amount of spacing so i gave up.

Its not the offset you need to worry about, the inside of the super is fairly flat as the aristo is almost bowing out.

Not an entirely helpful response but im sure Lucifer ran a 10mm spacer on his setup

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
My bbs ck wheels have an inch of clearance all round my stock calipers. If that is any sort of help....

Sent from my blower by a cat

·
242 Posts
Bradley Hall porsche breakers near Manchester Wigan.
Had three sets of lobster claws with 9.5 rears.
First set was 500 other 2 where 600
still got a set on my car

1 - 20 of 34 Posts