VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some of the longer time served R32 owners please please tell me when the sound of this V6 becomes just "normal" to you !!!!

Its costing me a fortune because every little open stretch anywhere i plant my already lead foot and just listen to that V6 and Carbonio roar. I cant get above 18mpg !! , and i drive everywhere with the window down a little.

I've turned into an even bigger kid than i was before, every multi storey, every under pass, every set of lights, every open stretch and even now leaving a gap in between traffic ahead just to get my daily fix .........

Am i a V6 junkie ????? OMG i think i need help.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
not to mention draggin me through that gap, it was like a magnet, you went, sounded mint, so i had to :D

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
macdaddy said:
just listen to that V6
I try and drive sensibly for as long as possible so I can allow myself a good blat! And yes, it is worth dropping behind the car in front a bit so you can howl back up to it again!

Who needs supercars with an engine like this?

·
3,137 Posts
What do you make of the carbonio, do you think it is a worthwhile investment?

·
947 Posts
It hasnt worn off me yet. Adding my induction kit and Milltek only made me worse! lol

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dubzter said:
What do you make of the carbonio, do you think it is a worthwhile investment?
I was worried about getting one at first due to an induction kit on an old car i had making it sound like it had a hole somewhere,

TBH it sound normal at idle, but when you plant your foot OMG the car gives an almighty roar, Its fantastic.

I really cant rate it highly enough, i know theres simular gains to be had with a decent panel filter but it looks great too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For me the V6 sound doesn't wear off.

I had a standard 4Motion but loved the exhaust note but when I put a R32 Miltek exhaust on - OMG!!!! I love it :D

As you all say, you just want to find a reason to hear that lovely sound again and again and again........:151:

·
Registered
7 Posts
macdaddy said:
has it made it as raspy and burbley as the .:R then ?
Oh yes - sounds just like the .:R in every way.

I was always looing at changing the standard exhaust for a miltek s thought I would go the biggy and get a new rear bumper and the exhaust at same time.

Glad I did and I'm very happy :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts