VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure lots off you wonder where people work and what you do ect so im starting a thread as follows...
where do you work and what hours and shifts add pay if you like. and if you like your job or hate it
i will start...........obviously::coffee:

i work offshore in the oil industry i work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off i work 12hr shifts and am currently working nights 180 miles off the coast off aberdeen i am a shotblaster/ paint sprayer and love my job

·
544 Posts
At home i am a house dad :laugh: but did work for honda and mitsubishi for 9 years before in the parts dept and delivery side aswell driving all over the place.

·
887 Posts
Sure there's been a thread about this before....just getting it in before someone else does!

I'm a Marketing & Communications Manager for an IT Services company who provide networking, server and desktop solutions for large companies such as banks, councils, corporates etc.

Only started the job a couple of weeks ago so it's all still pretty exciting!

·
842 Posts
Yeah i was thinking there was a big thread like this recently..

I'm an Engineer...job is 'Engine Development Engineer' at Bentley Motors...can't complain as there are VW bits galore! lol

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
I'm the Technical Support Manager for the ICT Division of our government education department. Sounds really big, but we are a really small division as we look after Apple Macs and they require sooo little support compared with the equivalent PC networks. Really enjoy what I do, but we are in the middle of a huge raft of network changes this summer - re-imaging 4000 computers and making changes to 40+ networks.... roll on September!

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
In that case Jay i know exactly who to contact if i ever get any problems with my mac :)

(Which i doubt lol)

·
351 Posts
I am a company director of my own Letting Agents in Cornwall. Therefore not too bothered about fuel consumption!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a self employed courier/removals (abit more advanced white van man) so no more 9-5 for me which is great :sheep:

·
1,957 Posts
I'm the IT Manager for a pan European company so I'm more often than not working abroad. France and Germany are the most common destinations but we've also got offices in Spain, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Denmark & Portugal.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
815 Posts
I work as an Operator in a rendering plant, basicaly we render down all dead animals ( weirdest we've had, a 35ft whale, elephants,monkeys, camels, snakes and tigers, giraffe lol) but mainly deal with Cows and other farm animals from abattoir's ect and the other new plant im on is dealing with 2000 tonnes a week of food waste from shops/supermarkets.

moneys good at the min coz were working silly hours, (approx 80 hrs week) for the past 7 months and ive had 4 days off since december 31st lol thats what happens when commisioning a plant in our place.

Stu

·
2,808 Posts
Im an Events planner for Jag, Aston Martin and Land Rover (not the motorshows). Organise events for internal conferences, launches and also doing next years G4. Launched the LRX in athens last November which was kool.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I work as a News director at the Samiradio (native/indigenous radio) channel of Swedish Radio, the public-service-adfree-governemtfunded radio in Sweden also known as SR. It's good money and I get to travel alot, meet new people and boss around.
Sometimes I don't like it that much becuase my journalistic ideology doesn't always match the managements.

·
277 Posts
I run a web design / online marketing company in Yorkshire called the digital consortium. Love every minute of it. :dancing2:

·
748 Posts
I am a Project Manager/Area Lead for Royal Mail in Devon and Cornwall working on Delivery Best Practice project.

I work a 41 hour week, its complete flexi time which is awesome as I work when I want. Work Monday - Friday although do the odd Saturday here an there if I need to.

Job invovles lots of travelling at 40p a mile which is nice and as well as my Degree the company has paid for me to take my PRINCE qualification and also studying Level 5 Diploma in management with the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) (stage 1 of an MBA) which they are also funding. Couple that with the final salary pension scheme, private healthcare, bonus, colleague shares, company laptop/mobile etc...... I have very little to worry or moan about.

·
402 Posts
I am a HR Management Consultant. Role involves a lot of travelling.....in my R....at 45p per mile (but not very long distances normally).

Not very exciting job but at least I get to drive the R a bit:flute:

·
3,137 Posts
Rupo said:
Im an Events planner for Jag, Aston Martin and Land Rover (not the motorshows). Organise events for internal conferences, launches and also doing next years G4. Launched the LRX in athens last November which was kool.
Were you involved in the Disco launch up North?

·
2,808 Posts
Were you involved in the Disco launch up North?
Nope, just internal launches to dealer principals and Land Rover Execs Im afraid, not public stuff. Where abouts up north and when roughly?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts