VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well mine is DBP, but only because it brings back good memories of the Audi RS2 back in the day when I was still reasonably young. but im beginning to take a shine to red ones now. :confused:

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
815 Posts
I have a black one, never had a black car before did try and get a DPB one wish i had but still love the black, either that or a red one, although if i could i woulda probly got a CANDY WHITE one - http://images.eurotuner.com/eventcoverage/0607eurp_06z+Volkswagen_A4_R32+White_Front_Side_Driving.jpg[/media]

My preferred colours

1. DPB - [media]http://images.eurotuner.com/eventcoverage/0607eurp_19z+Volkswagen_A4_R32+Blue_Side_Track.jpg[/media]
2. Black Magic Pearl - [media]http://images.eurotuner.com/eventcoverage/0607eurp_15z+Volkswagen_A4_R32+Black_Side_Driving.jpg[/media]
3. Tornado Red - [media]http://images.eurotuner.com/eventcoverage/0607eurp_20z+Volkswagen_A4_R32+Red_Front_Side_Driving.jpg

·
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that rear roof spoiler on the white one look slightly different to you? or is it my eyes playing up again?

·
815 Posts
i think it is different, its a turbo too that white one.

·
748 Posts
Silver

By far the best colour from a practical point of view the easiest to keep clean and shines the most easily. All the other colours are a bugger to keep clean and show marks way to easily such as stone chips etc.... Every DBP I looked at before getting mine looked like an AK47 had been fired at the front. Whereas a sliver car the stone chips don't show no where near as bad.

Black is by far the worst colour to buy as it will always look dirty and if you like showing your car you will need to spend all day stood by it keeping it clean lol as the slightest bit of dust on it is stupidly visible :D

Red cars look amazing clean but crap if it starts to fade.

·
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol I found my mums silver anni, really didnt look any different from when it was cleaned normally to when it was detailed properly. didnt look noticably much shiniers from when I did the two bucket wash and wax.

But that may just be down to the fact that it is clean anyway.

·
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But i suppose they all look good if maintained and kept clean. A dirty silver one will not look as dirty as say a blue or black or red one. But ones detailed i think the red stands out the most with the black then the blue

·
777 Posts
i love silver, as Vealige correctly said, they do always look quite clean and are easy to maintain, plus hide chips well. official car used to test the R32 around the ring was silver and set the storming time of 8m 37s so clearly the fastest colour!:xD

http://www.sportauto-online.de/test_U_technik/supertest/hxcms_article_502944_14550.hbs

http://www.sportauto-online.de/aktuell_U_sport/tuning_-_zubehoer/hxcms_article_ 502725_14653.hbs

I used to want black R32 two yrs ago, but having had a black car since, know they are a bugger to clean. But if they are clean they look ace.

DBP is a great colour too, sometimes I think I would have liked a BDP mk4 R32 but they are common as muck :wink: and can sometimes attracts the wrong attention and get vandalised :crying:.

Red is my least favourite, but thats just me.

I think all the colours can look really good on the Mk4. Yet another reason its such a great car.

·
305 Posts
silver because it is the german racing colour! looks awesome early mornings and evenings at dusk.

·
1,184 Posts
DBP as it looks great in so many different lights, but I also love Tornado Red as it is striking.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
S19 MYD said:
DBP as it looks great in so many different lights, but I also love Tornado Red as it is striking.
Must agree,lol.

Well I had a silver mk4 TDI and wanted a change the car and loved the car, So I brought a R32 ,But in DBP.

·
215 Posts
Silver

Same reasons as above really. My last car was a black SEAT (so still VAG paint) and to be honest i was appauled with the quality of the paint, everytime the sun shined on it you could see like white marks all down the sides (could well of been a dodgey respray from when before i owned it? never did find out) The swirl marks on it looked really bad, as well as the stone chips. Each time i cleaned it, it ended up looking worse than it did before i bothered haha :( but once i cleaned it and the evening appeared it looked amazing :) just not very good in direct sunlight.

I really wanted my next car to be Silver, didnt matter what car i had as i was undecided on what i wanted really just knew it had to be silver :) when i was looking for my .:R i wanted it to have a sunroof, 3 door, and full black leather. I couldnt believe it when i found one with all that AND it was silver :D and as an added bonus it had a milltek system fitted, AMD stage 2 remap + cruise control :D brought it straight away!

And this car is a pleasure to clean!

Failing to find a silver, i would of liked a DBP or Red.

A lad at my work has a mk4 golf GTDi 150bhp? in the dark green with the r32 wheels, looks really nice in that colour. Cant understand why they didnt make that a standard colour for the R.

·
402 Posts
When I bought at garage there were three mkiv's - one DBP, one Black and on Silver - I think Silver is the biggest 'stealth colour' as needed a double take to see it was even an R32........I was very tempted by the black one (as my last car was black and loved it)- however when I saw the DBP that had just been valeted and in the sun, it became an easy choice:D

·
5,616 Posts
I love my DBP, coming a close second would have to be TR.

·
4,328 Posts
I would say:

1 - Tornado Red:

2 - Indigo Blue Pearl Effect

3 - Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect

4 - Moonlight Blue Pearl Effect

5 - Deep Blue Pearl Effect

·
1,580 Posts
If its an R32 who cares what colour it is !

Paul

1 - 20 of 26 Posts