VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is my first post on the website!!

I picked up my Black MkIV R32 2 weeks ago, its totally standard but after reading an article on this site drawing attention to flatspots I have noticed some flat spots when accelerating myself!

On this thread it recommended a re-map.

What is the best chip to go for? AMD?
Where is the best place to get this done? (I am based in the South)

All feedback much appreciated!!

·
748 Posts
I have a Revo remap which I love but everyone has there own opinion on which is best, I got my remap done down at bigboystoys they are based in lakeside essex. You cant go wrong with them.

G

·
John_C said:
I have a Revo remap which I love but everyone has there own opinion on which is best, I got my remap done down at bigboystoys they are based in lakeside essex. You cant go wrong with them.
VC is right its the 6463 that you want. There is much point in paying for a remap - sometimes around £500 unless you have the necessary mods - which at present you don't. The 6463 is free.

Welcome to the forum by the way :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so i typed 6463 into the search and a whole lot of stuff came up.

Can you enlighten me further!!?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
You should go to your nearest VW dealer and ask them to scan the ECU to make sure it has the latest software, as there was an update (known as the 6463 update) which sorted out flat spots, especially around 3,000rpm.

This should be done for free.

A remap is only worth getting if matched to a performance exhaust and/or air intake system.

Welcome to the site :D

·
405 Posts
If ur based in the south i would always use AMD one of the UK-MKiv members jason has an AMD revo mapped v6 4mo @ 244 BHP!

But as previously mentioned unless ur gonna get an exhaust and a CAI first its probably not worth the extra money.

·
1,149 Posts
Just from a remap?!

·
405 Posts
nah has miltek cat-back carbonio CAI

·
1,149 Posts
I was going to say, still, that's impressive results if they're accurate!

·
405 Posts
yea were done at the UK-MKvi RR day at AMD but a little birdie told me a can of octane booster was mysteriously poured in prior to the run, but that would of given 8 - 10 bhp tops i would imagine, so great result non the less, his cars posted on here somewhere at the ring, there were 2 R's there that day both underperformed was a shame cause they both looked / sounded great!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mattchaps said:
You should go to your nearest VW dealer and ask them to scan the ECU to make sure it has the latest software, as there was an update (known as the 6463 update) which sorted out flat spots, especially around 3,000rpm.

This should be done for free.

A remap is only worth getting if matched to a performance exhaust and/or air intake system.

Welcome to the site :D
Thanks Matt for letting me know, it is now on my agenda for the weekend!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts