VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used colinite for a while now, I'm pretty happy with it but I'm a the end of the tin, so wondered about trying something else. What do people recommend

·
Registered
804 Posts
I use dodo juice purple haze, great finish but can be tricky to apply.

Heard really good things about Supernatural Hybrid Sealant

·
3,788 Posts
Auto Finesse illusion is brilliant imo, lasts maybe 3 weeks but is the easiest wax in the world to work witg

·
206 Posts
Dodo juice are great waxes, They are extremely easy to apply and wipe off in comparison to many others on the market. You could possibly move over to synthetic sealants as these are really popular now and very easy to use.

I would maybe purchase a few sample pots of dodo juice as they are good for 2-3 applications on the .:R, However maybe try something like Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 with the glaze. I swear by the hybrid v7, I have never used a product that genuinely does not need to be worked in or wiped off after. Simply spray and wipe like a quick detailer.

·
4,420 Posts
I've used colinite for a while now, I'm pretty happy with it but I'm a the end of the tin, so wondered about trying something else. What do people recommend
Dodo juice blue velvet pro, its a combination of purple haze and blue velvet, but with more carnuba wax

·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I'll have a look tonight and let you know which I go for

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Bouncers Sherbet Fizz great lasting wax that makes your paint pop and your car smells like a sweet shop
Drives my dog nuts though as he constantly walks round the car sniffing looking for sweets

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
prima epic or petes 53

·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the advice, i did look at prima epic, but it was out of stock and the reviews on supernatural hybrid were good so gonna give it a try and see how i get on

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've been using meguiars carnauba wax but I swear it takes so much buffing off. I'm looking for something with a long lasting finish but is easy to apply

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
DANMKIV said:
I've been using meguiars carnauba wax but I swear it takes so much buffing off. I'm looking for something with a long lasting finish but is easy to apply
Poor boys natty paste wipes on and off absolutily no effort and you need a wet cloth So the water that drips down on the rear quarter and mirrors helps and it smells of tooti frooti

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Poor boys natty paste wipes on and off absolutily no effort and you need a wet cloth So the water that drips down on the rear quarter and mirrors helps and it smells of tooti frooti

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine
Gotta luv a tooti frooti

·
5,496 Posts
For a black car,

Poor boys Black Hole - looks amazing, and is super easy to apply and remove. Has a large degree of filler in it, so it easily hides light swirls (which is a big problem on black cars).

Also there's a wax called R222 carnuaba concours wax (http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/r222/-concours-look-carnauba-wax.aspx?source=google-base&variant=1211&gclid=CMP6pPjmoLkCFXHMtAodCX0AIw)

that stuff is amazing, again it's easy to apply and remove, and it looks very glossy when done.

The above two combo will give an amazing shine trust me!

I've used Dodo Blue velvet before and although it's pretty good, I find it's very dependant on having good dry weather. Anything less than perfect weather and it's a bummer to work with.

Collonite is another one which is similar to Dodo Blue velvet in my eyes. If the weather's wrong then it can also be a right bugger to remove, whereas the Black Hole and R222 just work so much easier. And cause it's easier to work with, You're more inclined to wax the car more often...

·
Registered
0 Posts
As others have mentioned i used poorboys black hole and thought it was great, used Nattys paste wax which i found easy to apply and easy to take off, fantastic stuff, the only reason i went over to PRIMA products was to try something different, and i would use both of them without hesitation, poorboys and prima both are very good stuff.

I only find the PRIMA Epic wax is a touch harder to buff off than the poorboys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts