VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anybody experienced a high pitched whining noise through the speakers when playing CDs? It doesn't happen with radio - just with the OEM cd changer.

I know its interference from the engine as it rises and falls with the revs. anybody ever experience this interference or have a solution? Driving me nuts! :bawling:

Cheers!

·
1,432 Posts
I am surprised you are having this problem as presumably the CD changer is the OEM unit and as a result the cabling should have been laid in the same manner as all other R32s with OEM cd changers so either they would all have this problem (which they dont) or they would all be fine.

I can only imagine it is the routing of the cabling causing this problem but as the cabling should be routed the same as all other Rs this seems very odd to me.

Perhaps Lee from LM Audio can provide more information with him being in the business and all....

·
Registered
124 Posts
The noise you have is alternator whine/noise.

Its normally one of two things, signal cables run close to power, as this noise is carried by most of the power cables around the car.

Or

a bad ground this can be either a ground to a device eg an amp, headunit, or actually a ground track within the device.

If you give me a little more info such as if its the oe hardware or aftermarket, i can give you a little more guidance.

Lee

·
616 Posts
A suppressor should sort out the problem.... However if you are running OEM head units you shouldn't be needing one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The noise you have is alternator whine/noise.

Its normally one of two things, signal cables run close to power, as this noise is carried by most of the power cables around the car.

Or

a bad ground this can be either a ground to a device eg an amp, headunit, or actually a ground track within the device.

If you give me a little more info such as if its the oe hardware or aftermarket, i can give you a little more guidance.

Lee
Thanks Lee - its all OEM, and as far as I'm aware untouched since new...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts