VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into getting my mkv into vw because both front arxhes are starting to bubble. i understand its under the corosion warrenty but i need to get a fiew things straight first.

will they do the work if it doesnt have a full vw service history? because in their service it undergoes a body work check.

do they do a paint depth measurment to see if work has been done to the arch previous?

what is the best way to approach vw to get them done for free? im going with a forum member to try and get both cars done at the same time.

·
300 Posts
I have a 06 plate and had same problem I just went to my local vw dealer they had a quick look and booked it in for a paint thickness test as my car has never been painted/repaired before had the paint test done and it then got booked into vw at a later date to have both wings changed under warranty but they would not pay to blend it so it cost me around £200 for the blend it was all pretty straightforward but I did have to wait about 3 months after paint test to get it done they was in no rush they had the car a week and give me a courtesy polo and the job was flawless when I got it back vw are well aware of this problem with front wings on all mk5 golfs so it should be pretty straightforward

·
693 Posts
I had mine done a few months ago...

Had a paint inspector drive to where i was, he had a look around the car, and took some photos.

Got a phone call around a week and a half later, booked it in and then they installed new wings free of charge, and also i didnt pay for any blending either, they done that for free!

Going in with a forum member may not be the best idea, as they're all done on an individual case it seems... Best bet would be to call your local VW, and have a conversation with someone there and ask for advice, mentioning that you're aware that VW released a technical bulletin for this etc, but dont be cocky.

·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you guys, im 99 percent sure my car has had no paint work done. the bottom of my boot has one bubble on. would you think they might sort that before it gets worse?

·
Batman Member
1,516 Posts
Hello I'm the other forum member lol

Mine are starting to bubble also. I'm free to go see vw next sat Gav if that's good with you.

·
1,415 Posts
Had mine done last week
Both front archs replaced foc
Went in spoke to the warranty manager,he took photos,sent to Vw uk,took 2 days for them to give full approval of 100% costs
Car went in,got a polo loan car off them but had to pay for my own insurance cover which was of £26 for the week compared to £12 a day with Vw
Took them a full week but very happy with the result

·
1,415 Posts
No
Had my car mot there,but I have been a customer at my local dealers for a long time,but saying that the warranty manager didnt know me,he just asked me how long I owned car and mileage etc,at first he did say 50 50 I pay half
But after few phone calls with Vw uk/him speaking to them
All costs were covered ????

·
693 Posts
As above, my history wasn't checked or queried. I had also never been to that dealer before, except for having my ABS pump changed under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts