VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest to see who has lowered their car.

As last week I had a set of KW V3s fitted to my car. My prime objective was not to lower the car but to improve the handling. At the same time I had it slightly lowered.

Firstly I am very very pleased with the outcome, the ride has improved as has the handling. I have them set to the softest setting at mo, but this will change over time. They are totally amazing and I would recommend if you have the spare cash to get some fitted.

However, the reason for my post is that I am grounding the car at times and really struggling to get it up my drive - see crappy pictures. If there is a hollow in the road and I don't notice it, if I had it at speed I can hear the car bottoming out!! To alleviate the scraping going up my drive I have removed my LCR splitter and its fine now.

So what does everybody have their car lowered on (i.e springs, coilovers etc), and by how much, and do you have any problems wilst out and about.

Pictures would be great :151:

Front

Rear

Before I removed the LCR Splitter

and After

Oh and excuse the dirty car :151:

·
305 Posts
interesting post khutula, thinking of lowering my r, but for looks only really. i think the standard setup is a little bit high for my liking, when the car is on level ground i think you should only get one maybe two fingers at the most, between the tyre and wheel arch, i would like to lower mine 10-15mill to give it a better or more aggressive look, love your setup khutula but mega money, if you what top ride and looks then you have no choice, but i was wondering if i could get away with neuspeeds springs. would it lower my car enough, and how much do they charge to fit them! i read somewhere that lowering the r shortens the life of the rear axle etc is this true!

·
1,432 Posts
I have the FK (rebranded Koni) coilovers and lowered as much as possible on my 19" wheels.

I dont really find the height a problem, I have the dieselgeek undertray to protect the sump etc.

I suspect you might be alright if you had the seat lip removed, I have a seat lip which has sat in my spare room for around a year now because my R is so low I believe it would be ripped off rather quickly if I did fit it so thats why I havent put it on yet.

·
8 Posts
Hey,
I have the H&R Coilovers. They are set all the way down in the rear and 12 notches from the bottom in the front. Ride is bumpy but it handles like a dream.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting you should say that as mine is quite bumpy to0 - almost like the wheels aren't completely round anymore :151:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am having mine adjusted two weeks today at APS when I get my new cams and remap. Need to raise the front slightly I think and stiffen it all up.

Thanks for your comments so far :151:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
silver r said:
interesting post khutula, thinking of lowering my r, but for looks only really. i think the standard setup is a little bit high for my liking, when the car is on level ground i think you should only get one maybe two fingers at the most, between the tyre and wheel arch, i would like to lower mine 10-15mill to give it a better or more aggressive look, love your setup khutula but mega money, if you what top ride and looks then you have no choice, but i was wondering if i could get away with neuspeeds springs. would it lower my car enough, and how much do they charge to fit them! i read somewhere that lowering the r shortens the life of the rear axle etc is this true!
Mine is less than two fingers between the rear arch and tyre and less than one at the front :151:

·
4,328 Posts
I love the ride with the 19s and the stiffness, and i feel it gives you a really really nice feel of the road. I havent had anyone complain when in the car, so it cant be that bad, as the list includes my gran.

One thing to remember though is hat if you have 8.5 width wheels with it lowered a bit and drive on country lanes it will hit the arches :( :( :( but then they can be rolled easily :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have spacers on the car too!!! Need to find some decent pictures of rolled arches.

Any idea on price?

·
1,432 Posts
I offered that information for pricing not pictures :)

When arches are rolled you dont really see a difference because they simply roll the inner lip flat against the outer lip. You must be thinking of 'pulling'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts