VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had my mkiv .:R for just about a month now and have only just started to use the stereo :) . I have the standard 6cd front loader (non-satnav) which is great but the bass levels are really poor. I have looked around on here for confirmation and while a lot of people suggest that after market head units are the way forward is this in general sound terms or has it been done to specifically increase bass levels?
I do not particularly want to have to buy an AM head unit and prefer the OEM look so was thinking about getting a small amp and sub and fitting them into the boot, with the sub in the left boot pocket. Has anyone tried this? am I being daft? I have no real expertise in this area as you can probably tell.

PS not a barry just enjoy a decent bass line now and then!

Cheers

AdsR

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent, cheers vealige.

I am goign to complete the flapper mod this weekend so this may have to wait though :)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
281 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like the boy I need! Cheers Crazi Scot - had a quick look online and looks like about they can be picked up for just over a ton - does that sound right to you?
Did you set yours up yourself? are there any specific wires etc that I am going to require except the ones vealige has recommended?

cheers

AdsR

·
Registered
124 Posts
AdsR said:
That looks like the boy I need! Cheers Crazi Scot - had a quick look online and looks like about they can be picked up for just over a ton - does that sound right to you?
Did you set yours up yourself? are there any specific wires etc that I am going to require except the ones vealige has recommended?

cheers

AdsR
Give us a call when your ready, we are authorised Alpine Dealers, alternativley you could go with a custom built subwoofer which will offer better performance,

Somthing like this which we done a few months ago

MkV Install. - R32OC | VW Golf R32 Owners Club

Lee

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That custom build is sweet! though at the moment I am just looking for a little extra bass to keep me going when its too wet to have the window open to hear the fine exhaust note!
Will deffo give you a call when it comes to buying the sub, not meaning to take the **** but do site members get deals with company such as yourselves?

Cheers

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats great Lee, thanks. Not sure when I will be able to treat myself again with xmas coming up but shouldnt be too long!

·
281 Posts
To be honest AdsR I got the guys who did the head unit install and setup to wire it all in. I do know there is a power connection from the battery in the engine bay and some audio connections running under the trim on the interior.

Just over £100 sounds about right, I paid a bit more but it was a fitted price with the cable etc supplied so I decided once I took in the delivery, fitting and cabling it was about the same price just to get someone to supply and fit locally.

Hope it helps.

·
281 Posts
No need for a box, its a drop straight into the spare wheel well job......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts