VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lets see, does anyone know if the carbonio on my Octy VRS will fit the R32 iv? I have looked at the awesome website and they quote a different order number between the 2. Surely there can't be that much difference? If it will swap then i don't have to shell out cash and justify to the GF the cash outlay for another one.

Any help much apprecited.

Cheers
Mike

·
616 Posts
I haven't seen the RS one, but the pipe etc is probably the same. It'll be to mounting points that'll be different.

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for mounts they should be the same being the same basic platfor etc. It all looks very similar.

Pic of the VRS one.
http://

·
572 Posts
Is the MAF diameter of the Skoda the same as the R? This could be the only difference. It looks like a golf underbonnet. Try fitting it and see, for all the time it'll take.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i would say its the reducer size from the maf to the carbon pipe that is the only difference. then maybe just get a reducer from some where

G

·
IIRC the MAF diameter is different for the 1.8t engine. It would fit with a reducer but would not provide the correct air flow for the v6.

·
83 Posts
The only difference is as stated above the rubber connector that runs between the MAF and the carbon pipe, it is slightly smaller in diameter. I purchased one off a friend and managed to stretch it over without much trouble. Should be fine.

·
572 Posts
Someone on here could measure round the diameter of their carbonio pipe and you could see if there's a difference.

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rob & Caroline said:
IIRC the MAF diameter is different for the 1.8t engine. It would fit with a reducer but would not provide the correct air flow for the v6.
Can't see there being much difference in air flow i would expect the filter and carbon pipe to be the same just as said maybe a differenct coupler for the MAF. Sod it i'm going to fit it when i get home and see what happens. Should i expect a great noise difference when i do it??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts