VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my windows done next week but not sure of what shade to go.I am after one shade all round so if people have any pics of theres that have tints then post up a pic and tell us the shade you have please.

·
1,432 Posts
Are there not laws you must abide by in the UK concerning tint? ie you cannot have limo black which is the darkest shade I am aware of on all windows but you can have them on the rears but the fronts must be lighter shade. This is why modern vehicles like the Range Rover Sport come with lighter shade front windows.

·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i think thats right i only want a light shade so they looked smoked. We have a 10 week old baby and the sun hits him in the face so i have put some sun shades on the car but they look crap so i need tints i think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went for the light smoke all round as anything darker on the front could get you pulled and I didn't want it too look like a van. The R is a classy car and anything darker imho would make it too chav. Will try to get some pics up soon:)

·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WelshR32 said:
Went for the light smoke all round as anything darker on the front could get you pulled and I didn't want it too look like a van. The R is a classy car and anything darker imho would make it too chav. Will try to get some pics up soon:)
cant wait to see pics

G

·
MATR32 said:
I am getting my windows done next week but not sure of what shade to go.I am after one shade all round so if people have any pics of theres that have tints then post up a pic and tell us the shade you have please.
Where are you getting youurs done? I have been looking at Pentagon. Seems to have a very good reputation.

I have recently bought another car that has rear privacy glass and its much better for my 19 month old. So I'd like to get the R done now. I am considering light smoke all round, or light smoke on the fronts, and smoke on the rears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Khutula mine were done by pentagons local agent they do a good job i have used and recomended them for a few different cars. Both of my own cars have them.

G

·
RFR32 said:
Khutula mine were done by pentagons local agent they do a good job i have used and recomended them for a few different cars. Both of my own cars have them.
Do you have a probably with smoke all round are far as the police are concerned.

Silly question time - do they clean your windows before they do it - as mine are filthy at the moment? Can you clean them as normal once the film has been applied?

Bear in mind I have a five door - do you think light smoke/smoke would look ok?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeh they clean windows etc for you. you can clean windows when tinted just have to leave it for week or two. I think the t red carries the smoke all round, with dbp might be better with light smoke.

One of the problems i have is with the m.o.t, it fails on it, but my local pentagon dealer has in stock plane glass fo 3dr and 5dr cause he does so many ,worth it for the hassle of swapping them over once a year.

As regards to the police just put my window down if there near me and tell them im listening to my miltek LOL.

Will get some decent pics for you if you PM me with your email will send direct to you, cause my camera takes picture in to big a file to post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine were done by Pentagons in Bristol. Top bloke and top job. Not cheap but you do get what you pay for with tints. Hoping to wash car tomorrow so will try to get a pic of my light smoke all round

G

·
WelshR32 said:
Mine were done by Pentagons in Bristol. Top bloke and top job. Not cheap but you do get what you pay for with tints. Hoping to wash car tomorrow so will try to get a pic of my light smoke all round
Thanks mate :151:

·
619 Posts
I wanted to get the original vw tint on mine, but I was told there isnt one :(. Would anyone have a pic of the window that has a blue tint? I saw it in Etka, but couldnt find any pics anywhere :(.
I got the windows done in my previuos golf but wasnt too happy with the finish, so I'm kinda worried that if I do it again, they will feck it up.Or I will just smoke them with my lighter,lol
Cheers

Stan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts