VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow: Guys can you advise me on how much i should be paying for tinting and your opinions on what % looks best would be very welcome. Also can anyone reccommend a firm to use?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pentagon is the only way to go mate, i have got light smoke alround, cost about £250, but they are the most professional company, TSN members get a discount too...:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
CaSPeR_R32 said:
I have just had mine done 35% all the way around, £160
If you mean you have added a 35% tint onto your factory tinted windows you could be looking at a £30 fpn and possibly even a prohibition.

And it could also invalidate your insurance.

Sorry if i'm telling you something you already know.

·
3,732 Posts
Plodd said:
If you mean you have added a 35% tint onto your factory tinted windows you could be looking at a £30 fpn and possibly even a prohibition.

And it could also invalidate your insurance.

Sorry if i'm telling you something you already know.
thats not strictly true though is it. all rear windows can go dark as you like... its the front windows that have the restrictions. i forget the percentages but i'm sure someone can find a link to them, anyway the tinting firm will know.

a bit of a sweeping statement you could have maybe elaborated on

btw Sorry if i'm telling you something you already know ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very Cherry said:
thats not strictly true though is it. all rear windows can go dark as you like... its the front windows that have the restrictions. i forget the percentages but i'm sure someone can find a link to them, anyway the tinting firm will know.

a bit of a sweeping statement you could have maybe elaborated on

btw Sorry if i'm telling you something you already know ;)
Not a sweeping statement at all and it is most definately strictly true if he lives in the UK.

If you read before taking the p1$$ he said he's had them done all round at 35%. Windscreen must allow through 75% of light with front side windows 70%. That means 25 or 30% tint is allowed, NOT 35%.

So together with the factory tint of maybe 27/28% we are looking at a possible 60%+ tint or less than 40% light transmission. More than enough to interest the Police and your insurance company.

And yes windows rear of the 'B' pillar can be as dark as you want.

I would apologise for telling you something you may already know but you obviously don't. :shot:

·
Registered
30 Posts
ladies ladies, to clarify, mine are 10% over the legal limit which is right on the tolerance allowed, so unless i get some anal police office (apologies if any are members) pull me over i should be fine, excluding the window screen of course, that has not been touched.

I will post some pics once i get my lazy arse into gear, still rying to find sports mode for it :)

Any i hope i am not telling either of you something you do or don't know ;)

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blimey, I only asked LOL!!!!!

·
3,732 Posts
Plodd said:
Not a sweeping statement at all and it is most definately strictly true if he lives in the UK.

If you read before taking the p1$$ he said he's had them done all round at 35%. Windscreen must allow through 75% of light with front side windows 70%. That means 25 or 30% tint is allowed, NOT 35%.

So together with the factory tint of maybe 27/28% we are looking at a possible 60%+ tint or less than 40% light transmission. More than enough to interest the Police and your insurance company.

And yes windows rear of the 'B' pillar can be as dark as you want.

I would apologise for telling you something you may already know but you obviously don't. :shot:
you elaborated, makes it a better informative post yes? my point about the rear windows you confirmed cheers

for your info, i wasnt taking the p155 :151:

·
1,432 Posts
Not a bad price in all honesty.

I considered having mine done but I think tinted windows on a BMP will look like overkill.

And for the record, here in Guernsey we are allowed to go as dark as we like with the window tint all around the vehicle because we dont follow every rule of the UK Government

That and we dont pay VAT, cant be bad :)

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where did you get them done delboy?

·
544 Posts
TOTGT said:
Where did you get them done delboy?
I am getting mine done tomorrow from protek in shipley £150 for them all done. I will get some pics up when done and when you are back up north nip in and see him if mine are any good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A mate of mine bumped into the tinter at a local dealer, he asked if he'd be intereted in doing 2 cars for a bit of a deal, so he did mine and my mate's Land Rover Disco,the only downside is that you he needs to do the car under cover, with closed doors, so no dust get between the glass and film.

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Delboy said:
A mate of mine bumped into the tinter at a local dealer, he asked if he'd be intereted in doing 2 cars for a bit of a deal, so he did mine and my mate's Land Rover Disco,the only downside is that you he needs to do the car under cover, with closed doors, so no dust get between the glass and film.
Ok mate, he is mobile then i take it. Where is he and do you have contact detail etc?

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats a shame, I will leave it for now, thanks though mate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts