VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front windscreen washers have stopped working, the wipers move like there is fluid being sprayed but nothing comes out and I don't hear the washer pump, but if I spray the rear it works and I hear the washer pump, I assume there is only one washer pump, any idea what the issue could be ?

·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the video but the pump works when I use the rear wiper and nothing happens when I use the front wiper.

·
19,426 Posts
My guess would be the relay or the connections it.

Front and rear operate off the same pump, it changes direction between front and rear., and they operate off the same fuse, as far as I know.

Switch is obviously OK as the wipers operate when you pull on it.

·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess would be the relay or the connections it.

Front and rear operate off the same pump, it changes direction between front and rear., and they operate off the same fuse, as far as I know.

Switch is obviously OK as the wipers operate when you pull on it.
Do you know where the Relay is ?

·
19,426 Posts
Have a look in this document, although not sure whether it's applicable to the R32

·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a look in this document, although not sure whether it's applicable to the R32

Thanks, the document was perfect, I swapped the relays around and they all work so it can't be them, I did note that the headlight washer also does not work, I'm thinking if the headlight pump is broken then maybe it has some effect on the front washer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts