VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shiver Me Timbers
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to confirm,the mk5rear wiper does fit on a mk 4 without too much hassle.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Shiver Me Timbers
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry boys,that was a question. Bloke at vw trying to tell me it wont fit.

·
19,388 Posts
As discussed Jjack, you want to use the arm off a MK4 Polo. It shares the same blade as the Mk5, but i think the arm and cap are different.

6Q6 995 707C - Arm
6Q6 995 435C - Cap
6Q6 955 425C - Blade

I'm sure someone who has done the mod will confirm.

·
Shiver Me Timbers
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah bob .i jusy rang vw back and the guy in the spares dept said the mk5 golf and the mk 4 polo have the same part no.s so is the same thing £ 35

·
19,388 Posts
Yeah bob .i jusy rang vw back and the guy in the spares dept said the mk5 golf and the mk 4 polo have the same part no.s so is the same thing £ 35
You'll get it a bit cheaper from TPS

·
Shiver Me Timbers
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill be honest bob.i ordered one off ebay from a company called "boltonbits". I should have known really.£13 plus postage.i fitted it today an its crap.the cap is that thin it flexes every time it wipes and unclips itself.buy cheap,pay twice!!

·
19,388 Posts
Ill be honest bob.i ordered one off ebay from a company called "boltonbits". I should have known really.£13 plus postage.i fitted it today an its crap.the cap is that thin it flexes every time it wipes and unclips itself.buy cheap,pay twice!!
Lesson learned, I guess.

·
Shiver Me Timbers
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Said to the missus ,thats the last thing i buy off ebay lol.bit disappointed cause my new numberplates havemt turned up yet an i got sea in the morning so have to wait till i get in again:(

·
19,388 Posts
Said to the missus ,thats the last thing i buy off ebay lol.bit disappointed cause my new numberplates havemt turned up yet an i got sea in the morning so have to wait till i get in again:(

Sadly it's a bit hit and miss these days. I gave up buying anything off ebay a couple of years ago.

·
Shiver Me Timbers
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah thats it for me.should have gone to vw first.like you say "lesson learned". At least i know the wiper will come off easily when i change it again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts