VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wookie mitt has trapped a lot of dirt at the root of the wool. Last time i put one in the washing machine it fell to bits. Is there a technique to cleaning them?

Ive just has the car painted and am being careful not to induce swirls.

Cheers
Richard

·
South East Organiser
6,827 Posts
I brush mine under tap in sink. Seems to work

Sent from my blower by a cat

·
2,803 Posts
I actually washed mine with shampoo and conditioner, made brushing the knots out much easier!

·
5,500 Posts
I gave up using these big ass furry mittens. They tend to die fairly easily and yes I swear they trap dirt in the fibres. I prefer using a decent soft sponge instead - infact tescos (out of all places) sell these very soft blue/white car wash sponges, micro fibre on one side, bug removing netting on the other side, 99p. Out of all the fancy sponges and stuff I've wasted my money on over the years, this is the one I most like using now!

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I gave up using these big ass furry mittens. They tend to die fairly easily and yes I swear they trap dirt in the fibres. I prefer using a decent soft sponge instead - infact tescos (out of all places) sell these very soft blue/white car wash sponges, micro fibre on one side, bug removing netting on the other side, 99p. Out of all the fancy sponges and stuff I've wasted my money on over the years, this is the one I most like using now!
Exactly what my Grandad would say

1 - 19 of 19 Posts