VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been done before (mods feel free too delete if it has). I'll get us started.....

2002 106 quicksilver when I was 17

Always going wrong and the pedals are soo close together!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Going to be a trend with the make of car here Peugeot 206 that looked like a spaceship only had it 6 weeks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Continuing with current trend also, my first car peugeot 306 1.4. 2 head gaskets. Probably a bad example but peugeot's don't seem to stand the test of time. Saying that I had a 207 1.4, 10 plate come in for serving which had just run out of warranty on 27,000 miles with a shot head gasket. French.

·
Administrator
3,142 Posts
Peugeot 106 GTI by far the worst car I've ever owned, pretty much had to replace everything but the steering wheel on it

·
19,389 Posts
Apart from one excursion with a Japanese car, all my cars have been from the VAG stable and honestly couldn't select a worst one, as they were all good in their own way, even the Japanese one.

·
Administrator
3,597 Posts
least reliable was my MK II Golf 16V GTI, had 2 Engines in 4 years. Still loved the thing though

Reactions: alexmac

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Best head turning car but had 5 head gaskets and 2 x turbos on 9 months

Renault 5 GT Turbo

Most un reliable car ever (plus you had to have the heaters on in summer to cool the engine)

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
4,134 Posts
Mk3 Golf Gti 2l 8v.
I do have to point out I've only ever owned Golf's.
I was on the third gearbox after two threw the crown wheel rivets through the side of the diff. The cambelt snapped bending 2 valves and had to replace the coil pack when it just didn't want to start with no prior warning. To be fair though, I did a lot of miles in it and thrashed it everywhere I drove(it was my first car).
I loved that car and still miss it now.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Renault 5 GTT by a mile, fooking shit box.

·
4,420 Posts
corse 1.2 sxi
although i never actually owned it, just used it

then a golf mk4 1.4, engine blew up

·
1,435 Posts
My son's 14 Fiesta Zetac - 2004 model - it was a disaster.
The engine turned into a bag of spanners - it had to go - at a major loss.

·
3,242 Posts
Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8i LS Saloon
Overheating
Wheel bearings

Tho 1st car so learned from it greatly.

Wish i got a sri redtop loved that vauxhall era

Regards
Vrt

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I've only owner 3 cars and all have been extremely reliable:

Peugeot 206 1.1 (55bhp) owned 3 years virtually no repairs
Peugeot 206 2.0 GTI (180bhp) owned 3 years no repairs
VW Golf R32 MKV no repairs

In fairness the 206 1.1 had 22,000 miles on purchase, the 206 GTI 180 had 24,000 miles on purchase and the R32 had 15,000 miles on purchase.

Of the 3 the 206 1.1 was the worst only because the 55bhp meant it took almost 20 seconds to get to 60. However it was my first car and I have the best memories from it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Only ever owned an driven vw's the worse would of been the my first car golf mk4 1.4 used to have to fill it up with oil everyday , it was using more oil than petrol lol , an it had two gearboxes go in it as well

·
3,788 Posts
JoshR said:
Only ever owned an driven vw's the worse would of been the my first car golf mk4 1.4 used to have to fill it up with oil everyday , it was using more oil than petrol lol , an it had two gearboxes go in it as well
Mine was the same

·
Registered
222 Posts
My first car... 1986 nova saloon. 1.0! It was so shite!

It had only one wing mirror... Not because It had come off, no... But because it was an extra back then and whoever bought it couldn't afford the left hand one!

Same with headrests. A pricey extra. So it was risk snapping your head off in an accident!!!

It squeeled like a pig also... Not a car I really wanted to attract attention to myself in.

It fell in a ditch in the end. Don't know how.

Second worse has to be the clio 197... Amazing car to drive and probably still the most fun iv had but it had a new rattle everyday ... And locked me in 2 times with the alarm going I had to drive 10 miles to garage so they could get me out!!!

None of this nonsense with the R tho!!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts