VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls, looking to buy a mk5 R32 , which is proving to be difficult to find a good one at the moment. I have found one but is on V car. They are telling me there was no damage to the car, as it was stolen with the keys, should I stay clear of it, what do you think people. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Phil. Sorry forgot to say its a 2009 with 42000 in DBP, dsg and all,the usual toys. And priced at 10,995

·
Registered
327 Posts
At 11k nope, I bought my 06 for 9,000 on 48k miles (DSG, leather, highline MFD, upgrade speakers etc etc) - only thing it needed was a full service and two tyres. Properly good 57/08 plates can be had for 11k on similar miles!

Wouldn't touch it with yours!

·
19,389 Posts
As a minimum I would have thought it would be recorded as "stolen recovered" so it might be difficult to sell on.

If you do decide to pursue check that the haldex service and DSG service were done at around 40k.

Too expensivr and too high a risk, IMO

·
742 Posts
Personally,I never would,you're future resale buyers,would,I suggest,be far fewer. On top of that,"drive it like you stole it",is no joke in this case. Finally,I was offered what seemed like a sweet deal on a Rocco last year,had been vandalised(paint stripper poured over it on main dealer forecourt),needed a respray,new window rubbers,etc. Was all set to get it for the mrs,insurance was the killer...admittedly,the car was cat d,but the few companies that were willing to quote,were talking 2-3 times the cost of a usual car,due to the listing. Something to think about also.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input guys,think I will give it a wide birth then. Looking to find an 08 or 58 plate in DBP preferably 3 door but not too bothered,leather and maybe DSG. If anybody knows of any please pm me. Cheers Phil

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
As sort of covered above if it was cheaper yes and if its mint great but will be very hard to sell on

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
Decent MK5's are out there, PM some OC owners & try and tempt them to sell lol............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts