VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nope not picking up a new car, but a HUGEEE change in my life could be happening tomorrow.

About a year ago one of our business friends was diagnoised with cancer, which quickly spread and took hold of him.:( The situation is very sad and has been hard. About 4 months ago he approached me and asked if i would be interested in buying his company from him and continue/look after and take it forward. Which we decided to do, and have been going through the deal.

The business is in the same line of work as us, but i will from tomorrow (if we complete ok) be leaving my company which i have been at for 8 years, and going down to run his company. This is a huge step for me and a hugeeee responsibilty eek.

I just hope my friend will stay with us long enough to see i can do what i promised him!! and that was to give 110%.. life is so so cruel sometimes.. :(

·
3,137 Posts
that is a sad story but he is obviously happy to pass his company on to you. Good luck with it. By the way what business are you in?

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we get on well with him and he says he feels safe with me there running it!! *GULP*

We, at the moment run a CNC Milling and Turning machine shop, producing parts mainly for the Formula 1 teams, and BTCC.

The company i will be running is a CNC Turning shop.

In the pics below, where the arrows lead is parts that were made from our company. Top one is the Ascari.

·
3,137 Posts
thats pretty cool, when I was an apprentice I did multidisciplinary engineering and always loved working the mechanical side, turning, milling etc. Now i work with computer networks, where did I go wrong1

·
1,184 Posts
Yes mate very sad news. Good luck with the venture. Do you reckon you could turn me some aliuminium billets to replace the plastic ones in the engine bay? If so PM me with costings etc! Cheers Sam

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S19 MYD said:
Yes mate very sad news. Good luck with the venture. Do you reckon you could turn me some aliuminium billets to replace the plastic ones in the engine bay? If so PM me with costings etc! Cheers Sam
cheers, yeah i am sure we could but would need to see what you need, either sample or a drawing?... pm me and i ll take a look mate!

cheers

akita1 said:
Good luck mate you must be a very good friend indeed for chum to trust you like this.
Cheers, and yeah he is a decent bloke!. He said to me tonight actually he is so pleased it went to us rather than some business fool, coming and stripping it down etc etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts