VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
161 Posts
hiya,,,i am starting to get a tad p-off with trying to keep my panther black mk5 shiny and mark free!
i take my hat off to those who manage to do it but its becoming hard-work,,
so thinking of the possibility of getting it wrapped in dpb,,never experienced this process before but i assume your og paintwork is kept fine? and i will need to gen up but wondered if anybody has used a bodyshop for wrapping before?,,i am aware there is a place over near watford i believe but they do p/ship players cars etc so imagine they will be top dollar,,cheers,,jasonp

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
If you must Premier Signs in Colchester do a top quality job on new Ferrari's and Lambo's. Get what you pay for as with most things. Dont have a cheap job, where you see the wrap and the original paint when you open a door etc.

Paul

·
Registered
197 Posts
Raccoons great - not too far, just sits on the Kent/Surrey borders. They've done my brothers Celica GT a few times.

·
Registered
197 Posts
thanks for the replys,,what sort of price for a "good job" can you expect to pay? and how long does the job take,,,regards jason-
depends on the vehicle off course, size etc. I think they quoted a celica at around the £2k mark.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What about getting the car plasti dipped. There's a guy who would do the whole car for about £600ish, and he is Essex way thinking of getting mine done at some point.

Then when your fed up with the color just peel it off.

·
2,665 Posts
Looks suprisngly good when its finished...bet its a pain peeiling it off...

Black is a pain to maintain. The R32 is my first black car and i have to be pretty meticulous when cleaning...even then the paint can develop swirls...

I just shell out a few hundred every couple of years on paint correction!

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats a good idea,,topped up with a couple of coats of wax during the winter,,used rob at pristine a few years back,thanks for that richard and rayman also,,,jasonp

·
Registered
197 Posts
Two f**king grand....wtf..... you might as well get a respray
Yeah, think my bro knew the guys so got a discount but yeah, big money in wrapping cars! It's like an extra protection layer for the car's body but also, can be changed/peeled off whenever you want

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yeah, think my bro knew the guys so got a discount but yeah, big money in wrapping cars! It's like an extra protection layer for the car's body but also, can be changed/peeled off whenever you want
Lol yeah and sorry if that come across a bit agro.... I was just genuinely surprised didn't realise it was so expensive

If sooner get several corrections and a respray done if required as a wrap won't ever look as mint as just waxed finish

Only plus side is the protection from what I can see and even that's negated by the cost

PS how's the new motor?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Lol yeah and sorry if that come across a bit agro.... I was just genuinely surprised didn't realise it was so expensive

If sooner get several corrections and a respray done if required as a wrap won't ever look as mint as just waxed finish

Only plus side is the protection from what I can see and even that's negated by the cost

PS how's the new motor?
haha thats fine pal. Yeah, I'm sure there are cheaper places but I've heard Raccoon do a brilliant job.

Yup your right, a wrap could not beat a respray..will post a few pictures in here of my brothers just to show you and jasonp the work.

New motor is brilliant buddy..can't stop smiling!
this is the actual grin on my face as I press down on the accelerator

·
Registered
977 Posts
haha thats fine pal. Yeah, I'm sure there are cheaper places but I've heard Raccoon do a brilliant job.

Yup your right, a wrap could not beat a respray..will post a few pictures in here of my brothers just to show you and jasonp the work.

New motor is brilliant buddy..can't stop smiling!
this is the actual grin on my face as I press down on the accelerator
I suppose its all relative.....a 2k wrap on a gallardo might be justifiable I guess but then if your rolling in a lambo you aren't sweating about spending another 2k either I shouldn't imagine lol

Glad you like it pal, im 10 months in and still love every minute of it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts