VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I have been checking this website daily for a Mk4 R32 as i will be purchasing one in the next 2-3 weeks, But i thought making a post would be far easier to monitor.

I am a Mk4 enthusiast and feel this is the best place to find one that is looked after and not an Ebay special, as most of you know, any used car is a risk. It's just about filtering out as many of them as you can in order not to be left with a 'lemon'.

I am checking the usual sites/apps daily as i am serious about getting one and sadly there are only a hand full at best in the spec that i would like, these are;

Deep Blue pearl (Amazing colour)
5 Door (Currently own a 3 but getting the dog in and out is a nightmare)
Subtle mods would be a pref but isn't required (e.g Miltek etc)

Everything else i will be able to do myself so it isn't worth listing.

Mileage i am looking to keep Sub 100k as they are out there its just a matter of finding them, Although i have driven 2 at 130k+ and they both drove ok.

I am based in Cheshire (CW12) and am willing to travel, within reason ofc.

In terms of budget i am looking between 6.5-9k, This is a realistic figure IMO looking at ones that have gone in the last 4 weeks over various sites.

Like previously stated, i am serious about getting one and would appreciate some help from this forum to become an R32 member.

Contact me via reply on the post or drop me a PM and we can talk more/ arrange viewings etc.

Thanks for reading,

James.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Hi James I must live literally next door to you lol

Only thing I can say is don't get a more door as everytime you see a 3 door you will sweat and be jealous

I made my family suffer with a 3 door do your dog should do the same

And welcome

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
scuba-phil said:
I take it you wouldnt consider a mk5?
no I think he is hetro sexual

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the eBay number looks a good one but only thing that goes against it would be the location and the interior.

Also interesting you say about the 3D to the 5D, I personally like the look of both and don't have any preference from one to another.

I am based in congleton, where abouts are you bud?

Also I am balancing between the mk4 r32 and the mk7-R.

Pros and cons for both

Need to get some test drives done!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Pros MK4

sound, road presence, looks, unique, price

cons

age, not as many mod cons

pros MK7 R

Mod cons, power

cons

common, blends in, sound, price, no V6

Reactions: dazr32

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Oh and another con for MK7. 4 exhaust tailpipes. Really!?..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are spot on I would of said,

Unsure if I would say mk7 R's are common as we are comparing them to a r32 here. Not exactly a rare car

Love the inside of the mk7 and actually don't mind the tailpipes as it happens. But your right they do look very 'samey'

Going to look at both tomorrow.

Also with any used car there is an element of risk involved, but there is a vast cost difference which I need to bare in mind.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You are spot on I would of said,

Unsure if I would say mk7 R's are common as we are comparing them to a r32 here. Not exactly a rare car

Love the inside of the mk7 and actually don't mind the tailpipes as it happens. But your right they do look very 'samey'

Going to look at both tomorrow.

Also with any used car there is an element of risk involved, but there is a vast cost difference which I need to bare in mind.
I see loads of mk 7's, normally with a female buisiness type who has it on lease hire, pottering along in the slow lane lol.

I always wanted a mk4 so that's what I got, before it was to late to justify. Every now and then I think I fancy a change, but when I see her I forget why lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had mine remapped at stealth, it's running 257 on petrol and 252 on lpg so no noticeable loss.

As for economy a full tank of 50 litres can get 280 miles for 25 quid. Getting 23/24 mpg, so at half the price of petrol your essentially getting double that. That's how I like to think of it any way lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts