VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a 2nd car to replace our heavily modded 150PD which we've had for 10 years I have been hankering after an r32 but hopefully without breaking the bank. Had an S3 years ago and that is an alternative but I fancy the v6 as it sounds far better! Should anyone be interested in a part ex for our golf that would be even better.

No point timewasting so my budget is entry level to the club but these are a few essentials:
  • Afraid I do not like the light interiors in a golf so the grey is a no no
  • We are very used to cruise control so that would be a must although I did retro fit it to our golf so could be fitted but it was a pain
  • Not lowered
  • Exhaust mods ok as are remaps
  • full history, haldex service, clutch/flywheel and timing chains ok
  • Decent branded tyres and standard wheels
If anyone wants me to list the full spec of our 150PD with pics just ask or I can email details.

If it helps it would be going to a good home and would continue to get everything it needs!

·
21 Posts
Hi Bob

Yes i did see that one which is stunning but its more than i have to spend and he has been upfront about offers which i can understand as it can be irritating selling! Obviously owes him a load although been there and you never ever get back what you put in. He's right though somebody will get what looks like a minter!!

I would pefer a tad few less miles poss at expense of a few marks here and there although higher miles for right price i wouldnt rule out

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
As a 2nd car to replace our heavily modded 150PD which we've had for 10 years I have been hankering after an r32 but hopefully without breaking the bank. Had an S3 years ago and that is an alternative but I fancy the v6 as it sounds far better! Should anyone be interested in a part ex for our golf that would be even better.

No point timewasting so my budget is entry level to the club but these are a few essentials:
  • Afraid I do not like the light interiors in a golf so the grey is a no no
  • We are very used to cruise control so that would be a must although I did retro fit it to our golf so could be fitted but it was a pain
  • Not lowered
  • Exhaust mods ok as are remaps
  • full history, haldex service, clutch/flywheel and timing chains ok
  • Decent branded tyres and standard wheels
If anyone wants me to list the full spec of our 150PD with pics just ask or I can email details.

If it helps it would be going to a good home and would continue to get everything it needs!
Welcome to the Forum, Stick some pics up of the PD
There is a few diesel freaks on here

·
Long Member
1,093 Posts
Hi Bob

Yes i did see that one which is stunning but its more than i have to spend and he has been upfront about offers which i can understand as it can be irritating selling! Obviously owes him a load although been there and you never ever get back what you put in. He's right though somebody will get what looks like a minter!!

I would pefer a tad few less miles poss at expense of a few marks here and there although higher miles for right price i wouldnt rule out
Fair enough, hopefully you'll find something with a little less miles on it for I assume 6kish? I've seen a few silver ones go for that sort of money so you probably won't be looking for too long. Good luck and get some pictures up of the PD when you get the chance!

·
21 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Ok here's the details of the soot chucker! Thought they would be banned on here but here goes.

2002 51 plate 150PD 5dr, Met Black. 155k miles Standard spec plus 6cd and cruise control.

Bought 1 year old from VW dealer in 2003 with 10k miles, 2 keys plus emergency one, handbook full of receipts

Serviced by VW until 60k when 1[sup]st[/sup] cambelt/tensioner/waterpump replaced by Star Performance. 2nd cambelt done at 120k Since then I serviced it myself every 10k and replaced anything that needed it the moment it was required. Recent brakes and pads all round and just about to service it this week.

Modifications

Hybrid Turbo
DNA tuning remap
Milltek decat downpipe and system with visible twin pipe
K&N Panel filter
Audi S3 front subframe inc wishbones/hubs/brakes/ ARB/steering rack (same as r32)
Audi S3 upper and lower braces
Rear H&R ARB
Eibach Springs and Weitec dampers
Anniversary 18" genuine wheels with goodyear ultra grip tyres (winter tyres)
ABS r32 front bumper with cupra r splitter
Side skirts ABS
Genuine Anniversary rear valence
Anniversary tdi clocks

Annoyed to say the bodywork isn't perfect although free from parking dings there is some rust starting on the front wings and a rear arch and round the boot handle. Bonnet has a ding. Interior is MILES above average though, very tidy to the point most people get in and cannot believe the mileage.

Wheels need a refurb and boot doesn't lock as the latch has seized up. Averages 50mpg commuting and 60+ on a long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts