VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

just back from garage after getting the xenon headlight checked over as i thot the bulb had gone.
they opened it up and found it was the igniter that was nakered and not the bulb.they told me these cant be replaced and i would need to buy a whole new unit.

has anyone got a spare or braking there mk4s,its the drivers side i need.

im desperate to get it sorted as soon as coz dont look half as good with one icey blue not working.

·
267 Posts
Might have a drivers side but with a faulty adjuster so it's very slightly low . poss you could have a look to modify it so it is spot on . waiting for the garage i bought the car off to ok the £550 VAG bill to replace + fit !

let me know if you want or otherwise i will keep as spare or sell on fleabay .....

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey mate,

thanx for the post but iv been having so much problems with this f****ng headlight that i would rather get one that is fully functional and ready to go straight in.

how much would you be selling it for out of intrest??

·
267 Posts
Hi Andy,

been speaking to plymouth garage about replacement , the r32 headlamp is a unique one i have found out , totally sealed , might be the reason why you are being quoted a complete unit replacement price.

to be honest will be keeping just in case anything happens to the new one in the future . Have been told you can cut the bonded seal with a cheese wire to gain access + rebond but it's risky .

My part alone quote has been £393.85 including VAT.

neil

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey neil,

thanx for that mate thats intresting,you find out more on this forum than any garage can tell you.

i would be keeping it for a spare to after pricing the bloody things up!!haha

oh well looks like id be just as well buying a brand new unit by the sounds of it,saves time mucking about with opening things up and maby making them worse no doubt.hahah

cheers again buddy.

andy:adore:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts