VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Thanks for letting me join.

Currently I have a 4motion on a 52 plate which we bought as a run around, as I fell off my bike going to work.

Anyway thinking of upgrading to a R32, looked at a 55 plate one yesterday but never really got to drive it, very far. Other cars I'm thinking about are 350Z or a Scooby, although those scream midlife crisis!

So why should I buy a R32??

Will it be that much better than more 4motion??

Are they very expensive to mod, not thinking about a supercharger as that really would break the bank but maybe exhaust, remap & induction. What hp would that give me??

Finally big respect for getting a decent turn out in East Anglia, I used to have a Focus ST & could never get that many cars for a meet!

G

·
I can't justify why you should or shouldn't buy one as I might have different reasons to yours but yes they are totally different to 4motions. "Better" is pretty vague as there are several factors when choosing a car.

Not that expensive to mod and HP will vary depending on what products you buy. A de-cat and map should see at least 260ish but it's not all about peak HP.

If I were you I would make a short list of potential cars and then drive them all and see what the pros and cons of each are.

Good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the OC.

My personal opinion, Scooby screams midlife crisis or chav. (I'm 21)

But i do like the Nissan 350z, Also a car i considered before my R32.

Glad i went with the R

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome , I had a scooby sti for seven years prior to my R and loved it but the R although down on power puts a bigger smile on my face. Great car all round and to me its a car for every occasion..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, yes we are having fun looking at the moment. Hopefully will drive a Scooby & Zed this weekend.
I do fancy the big Golf though...........

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Had a 350z and a blob eye WRX STI .... Buy the R32.. Trust me its a no brainier

·
Registered
356 Posts
Good we like to get out & meet people, how often do you get together??
I would probably say there's a meet every 6 weeks or so, I'd like to say we can have one organised for the end of august/start September. But I'll see what Chris says as he's the one who sets them up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts