VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I can't be the only person whose washer jet covers have become tired and brittle?

I've had to fix both of mine now. Took a pic of my most recent home brew fix up, used a Shell card for the new plastic.

The mounts crack down low nearer to the cover as it were. So I strengthened both sides as per the picture. Best to not take the reinforcement all the way up to the holes on the insides, as this will make it harder to clip back on and more at risk of further breakages.

Used plenty of superglue and left it to dry overnight, job's a goodun!

Reactions: Gti Fly

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch, my fix cost just the price of the glue! Cheap skate! And they're already blended in to the rest of the paintwork! haha

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Ouch, my fix cost just the price of the glue! Cheap skate! And they're already blended in to the rest of the paintwork! haha
your fix is brilliant , but one of mine actually fell off so had to buy a new one

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did pay attention to the detail, must say Ive been lucky, both times the mounts have failed I was washing the car and they came off in my hand.

How's your stunning example these days mate??? Still one of the best N/A out there I take it? How's your good lady, she still posting on here?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Great idea this, will definitely be doing it as one of mine has cracked.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I did pay attention to the detail, must say Ive been lucky, both times the mounts have failed I was washing the car and they came off in my hand.

How's your stunning example these days mate??? Still one of the best N/A out there I take it? How's your good lady, she still posting on here?
haha

Car is great had a wheel refurb and lowered it more recently , have a look on my build.

She is great , posts a bit , we have a new Bengal kitten so she spends her time playing with her lol

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need a wheel refurb, front end respray might be nice too! haha Will check you thread, I saw you've got your big hitters linked in your sig =)

Glad you guys are both well, this is the time of year where I hang up my lycra and stop hanging out on road cycling forums! Start thinking more about the R as the Winter draws in.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I need a wheel refurb, front end respray might be nice too! haha Will check you thread, I saw you've got your big hitters linked in your sig =)

Glad you guys are both well, this is the time of year where I hang up my lycra and stop hanging out on road cycling forums! Start thinking more about the R as the Winter draws in.
lol, less Lycra in here, and the banter has slowed down people get to easily offended these days

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does seem a bit different round these parts compared to yester-years. Are still gettin the influx of goons that come on here with outrageous statements/claims? Only to get rinsed so hard they go after a couple of weeks? haha

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Does seem a bit different round these parts compared to yester-years. Are still gettin the influx of goons that come on here with outrageous statements/claims? Only to get rinsed so hard they go after a couple of weeks? haha
Doesn't seem to be many of them about these days, it's always entertaining when one joins up. Agreed it's very different, seems the good days are behind us now

We could do with sodz coming back to provide a bit of entertainment...

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More often than not, they had R32 as a prefix in their name didn't they!

Seems like some of the long term members are still on here though... JamesBaby, Cheempeej, Bob etc...

·
5,501 Posts
I did this to mine years ago too, it does work well. I've been thru like 3 sets of headlamp covers it's so annoying. Furthermore I've also drilled a small hole into the middle moulding, the triangular shaped bit inbetween the brackets and used two zip ties to tip the cover to the jet shaft. That way they won't fall off when used at high speed runs

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's funny GTI, I too thought about some sort of tether. And I had some hardcore adhesive with me last night as I did this, but I chose not to use it as I was working on the couch during an episode of Walking Dead! haha

This might yet, bite me in the arse.

Reactions: MIQ

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
More often than not, they had R32 as a prefix in their name didn't they!

Seems like some of the long term members are still on here though... JamesBaby, Cheempeej, Bob etc...
100% anyone with R32 in the name will be here a few months piss people off , and leave

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan is still in the house! Was it R32 Kid that really made an impression?!

And why, pray tell, dont you have this problem Ryan?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.