VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]CALLMEDUDE [/background]contacts you about your r32 for sale, do not touch with a bargepole! He came to view my car last week, said he wanted it, we agreed a price. This weekend i was supposed to be picking him up from the train station for the car.

He just drops me a text- saying hes decided actually he doesn't want the car.
By this time i've rejected 4 other offers, and stopped people coming to view the car

Would have expected better from an r32oc member! I am now left having to reinsure the car, and repost it on autotrader!!

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only left £100, which will cover advertising, but not the fact my insurance runs out and ill have to pay to keep it, as ive got my next car already. I also have paid off the finance in full ready for the car sale, and could do with it back.

After he came last week i was supposed to be having another viewing, but cancelled as Callmedude offered the asking price.

Ive turned away about 4 people wanting to view it.
As you can imagine im pretty p******d off.

We had been in contact all week, yet the day before he was going to collect it, he decides he doesn't want it

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently he has lost his job. But sounds very dodgy as he's been in contact all week, and suddenly decides to drop a text on a saturday afternoon.
I've tried contacting them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I drove 3 hours to view the car, did the HPI check and offered the asking price.

I have always planned to buy the car until Friday when I was told of the news. I have very stressed all Friday and Saturday as been sorting out my finances especially for my house.

I had forgot all about the car until I got the voicemail from R32 DPB. Telling people you have been fired from your job is not something I like to do so sent him a text.

I would have paid and taken the car last weekend but he still had his plate on which he was waiting on DVLA.

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgotten all about the car even though we'd been in contact all week?

Forum members will make up their own mind, but it all seems very dodgy.

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're lucky i trusted you then aren't you! And you've not lost more. You're hardly apologetic on this forum!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're lucky i trusted you then aren't you! And you've not lost more. You're hardly apologetic on this forum!
I have apologised to you already but you seem to want it public. I don't have a problem with that but I don't think that it really what you are trying to achieve here.

I'm not replying any further.

·
Registered
804 Posts
To be fair, the fact he travelled to see the car AND left a deposit shows he was genuinely interested.

Who would waste their own time and money for a laugh?

·
693 Posts
R32 DPB - the fact the potential buyer left a £100 deposit shows he was serious. Unfortunately some things happen in life that are out of our control, it seems this chap had some bad luck so had to pull out.

Putting a thread up slating him as a time waster isn't a very productive or mature way to deal with the matter.

I think this thread should be locked or deleted as its not really serving a purpose, other than a place to slag someone off.

·
192 Posts
At least Callmedue let you know. You should have let others look and have left the online adds, I do this for this very reason, until the cash is in my hand, its still for sale!!!

I would do the same if I found another or something better and would happily waste £100 in doing so. It happens to dealers all the time.

·
774 Posts
I'm sure if I'd agreed to buy a car from a total stranger, and then found out I'd lost my job, contacting said stranger about a car sale would be way down on my list of priorities in my mind. At least he took time out to let you know.

The guy was probably too busy worrying about how he was going to live, pay the bills, support the family etc.

Sorry about the bad luck callmedude, hope you find another job and things work out for you.

·
2,204 Posts
Buyers market. They can pull out when ever they like for what ever reason they like. Happens to people selling houses as well, but you just get on with it. As others have said, you're reading too much into it. Nobody wastes 6 hours or their time, petrol and a deposit just to wind you up.

Why don't you just leave the Golf uninsured and who ever views it next can just get a tempcover policy? Cost me £40 for a day to view and collect my R as the seller didn't have it insured.

Sorry to hear of your job loss callmedude.

·
19,388 Posts
Buyers market. They can pull out when ever they like for what ever reason they like. Happens to people selling houses as well, but you just get on with it. As others have said, you're reading too much into it. Nobody wastes 6 hours or their time, petrol and a deposit just to wind you up.

Why don't you just leave the Golf uninsured and who ever views it next can just get a tempcover policy? Cost me £40 for a day to view and collect my R as the seller didn't have it insured.

Sorry to hear of your job loss callmedude.
The car has now been sold to someone else, so issue is now resolved

1 - 20 of 21 Posts