VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just thought that as it's nice today I would wash and wax the R with Zymol.

Just some photos,

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Greetings all,

Just would like some advice,

I washed my car with Zymol car wash and dryed it then used Zymol cleaner wax (Smells like you can just eat it)

How do I remove swirl/scratch marks in the paint work ?

1st I rinse the car down to remove dirt,(But I will have to see if my pressure washer still works and if so get a outside tap fitted).

I have brought a Meguiars Bucket & Grit Guard and use a wash mit for the car,

(When washing the wheels/tyres I use a seperate bucket and a sponge)

What is claying ?

Any advice please

Thanks.

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks SpoonZ,

Is this what you do ?

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Marcus ,

Did not want to do a close up to show the swirls/scratches in the paint work.

·
1,084 Posts
The car looks great to me caxton.

Depending on how much time you can put into car cleaning, I think it may well be worth paying for a professional detail, and then just doing the maintenance yourself. (step 4 and 5 in spoonz post)

It may be less satisfying, but at least the pros have all the tools and expensive products. Then you can still go all out on the maintenance every now and again, and the results will be better, once the root of the problem (swirls) have been corrected.

I love cleaning my R, but I don't love the grief I get off the wife for the time I spend on it.

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
The car looks great to me caxton.

Depending on how much time you can put into car cleaning, I think it may well be worth paying for a professional detail, and then just doing the maintenance yourself. (step 4 and 5 in spoonz post)

It may be less satisfying, but at least the pros have all the tools and expensive products. Then you can still go all out on the maintenance every now and again, and the results will be better, once the root of the problem (swirls) have been corrected.

I love cleaning my R, but I don't love the grief I get off the wife for the time I spend on it.
Thanks James,

May look into this in the future as I would love to get it back to how it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts